PRO 9

TimHayosh

Reaction
"Underwhelmed"

An excellent choice of words. It is my observation that class 9 does not want this sort of thing. The issue has been brought up since 2001, and no one has really seemed that excited about it. IMO, Mike H. has his hands full with keeping F9 up to date. Perhaps someone else within the class 9 community could take the lead on this issue and either make it happen, or determine once and for all that now is not the time.

kurt

Reaction
I don't think it's so much that class 9 doesn't want a "pro-series" it's just that class 9 is a budget class. It may be too much of a cost / time issue for a Nevada 9 racer to haul down to baja, or an Arizona guy to go to Barstow a couple of times a year (I know that's no problem for you Tim!!!) IMHO it may be best to try to get a regional "pro-9" going with say the class 9 guys and gals from SNORE, MORE, and MDR. Barstow, Lucerne, Primm, are all central locations to those race promoters. That way no race would be more then a couple hours away from the racers normal race sites. Keeping the costs / time factor to a minimum may encourage participation and then the pro-9 series could be grown from there.