Pro-900

Protech975

Reaction
Is it time to join the current trend and consider a Pro-900 class for challengers? I know there are enough cars running today to put such a series together. What would be the Pros and Cons? If you need to make big money then this is the only way to get there. I know that MORE would consider a 900 class only race if 25 or 30 cars would run together. R.S.

TimHayosh

Reaction
There was a lot of people talking about this before the 1600's, 10's etc. In fact any F9 "old timers" will remember the "Poll" section. This was the topic. All were favorable opinions. The only problem was that no one was willing to put it all together (including me). I know Ben Schlimme did absolutely fantastic job putting the Pro 10 thing together. It's not a 10 minute job. In my time as webmaster at F9, I did get a lot of "un-official" commentary too. Again, all positive.

I don't think there is any lack of interest in joining, but who is gonna take the reigns and make the 1000 phone calls, and have the meetings, and secure sponsorship, and get the bank account, and make the promoters aware, and, and, and .....

Happy motoring, Tim

LENNY

Reaction
what about giving how's in charge somthing for there trouble.whether it be money or if they are a racer pay ther entry out of the pro 900 fund. just one idea

LENNY #989

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
How about dividing up the resonsibilities between a group, and giving those who do a percentage of the "yearend" points (or individual event) purse? Just a thought.

FormulaNine

Reaction
FormulaNine.com is willing to take on a major part of the responsibility for the creation of a Pro900 group. I will need some help. Let's start getting the word out. Kenny Thatcher as well as others have brought this up from time to time. Kenny wanted to call it the CRC (Challenger Racing Championship). CRC, Pro900, what should the name be? That's a good start. Which races do we choose? How much to buy in? I will get some info from the Pro1600 group. They are off to a good start this year. Might have 70 cars at the Buffalo Bilols 400. We also need to get this out to the go-desert.com forum.
Mike Hinson

Protech975

Reaction
Great to hear all the positive response regarding this issue. I for one would be willing to step in and help set up this program. I,m not sure just how the other pro class are setting up their drivers or how and what is involved with joining the class, maybe someone could give us the basics as to how they are operating.
As far as a name goes it needs to simple and basic and identify directly with our class, such as Pro 900 , Pro Challanger, 9-Pro Class. somthing along these lines and not have initials that could be cofussed with some Business or Company somewhere.
I also think F/9 would be the best possible forum to promote and Advertise the series, it's already estabished itself as a respectable and committed web site that serves our class well. Rob Stapp.

FormulaNine

Reaction
Class 9 Teams,

These are just some ideas to knock around for a "Class 9 Championship Series". One race in 2002 gets us going and leaves enough time to get 2003 set up. If you know any 9 teams, encourage them to look at this and get involved in the decision making process. If no one gets involved, the idea of a Class 9 Championship will die right here on this board.

2002-2003 Outline
FormulaNine.com would like to propose the following format for 2002 and 2003:

2002-
1. One race, "possibly" the Western States Championship race in Barstow in November.
2. This race within a race to be called the "2002 Class 9 Desert Championship".
3. Race location and promoter to be determined by vote of members.
4. 2002 Race could be a Class 9 only MORE race as proposed by Rob Stapp. What do the teams think of a Class 9 only race?
5. FormulaNine.com will negotiate with various promoters for best promotor payback.
6. Dollar amount for buyin into the 2002 F9 Championship to be determined by a poll taken among the Class 9 Teams.
7. Amount could be $100 per car to $250 per car or ?. Pro1600 is $500 @ 125/each race and 125 to the series point fund for end of series disbursement.
Example-
30 cars at $100 per car = $3,000 purse.
30 cars at $250 per car = $7,500 purse.
8. Money to be paid out per schedule voted on by paying members.
9. Money to be held in account by group or persons selected by group.
10. FormulaNine.com will require help in securing sponsors for 2002 race.
11. All sponsor $ and contengencies to be divided among members at race.

2003-
1. Propose a three race schedule. Series to be called the "2003 Class 9 Desert Championship"
2. At least one race to be a MORE Class 9 only race. Requires 25 or more entries.
"What do the Teams think about a 9 only race?"
3. Race locations and promotors to be determined by vote of members.
4. FormulaNine.com will negotiate with various promoters for best promotor payback.
5. Dollar amount for buyin into the 2003 F9 Championship to be determined by a poll taken among the Class 9 Teams.
6. Amount could be $100 per car to $250 per car or ?. Pro1600 is $500 @ 125/each race and 125 to series point fund for end of series disbursement.
Example-
30 cars at $100 per car = $1,000 purse for each of 3 races with no points fund.
30 cars at $250 per car = $2,500 purse for each of 3 races with no points fund.
7. Money can be divided so a series points fund can be put in place.
8. Money to be paid out per schedule voted on by paying members.
9. Money to be held in account by group or persons selected by group.
10. FormulaNine.com will require help in securing sponsors for 2003 Series.
11. All sponsor $ and contengencies to be divided among members at end of series or at each race?.

These are just some ideas that I put together to get this started. All input is welcome. This is your championship. Make it what you want it to be.

Mike Hinson-FormulaNine.com

Protech975

Reaction
Mike/F9
Great info and ideas as to how we can get started!
I spoke to Jim from MORE today and ran your ideas by him and he was totally reseptive to the idea of desingnating one of this years races as a Pro 9 race. The MORE race on the 7th of Dec. could be used as the debut race for the Pro 9 championship series. The Sept. MORE race is going to the Pro 1600 guys and the SNORE Western States Race is not a sure thing. Jim would also be willing to adopt any payback that would be fair to both sides regardless of the amounts being offered. Jim is a retired 9 car racer and his heart is with our class. so we are open to any and all ideas. R.S.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I think that the Pro-9 idea is great and needed. I like all the ideas in this preliminary plan with one exception, the 9 only race. I think we should remain a race within a race and not separate ourselves. Being part of a bigger event should help in attracting series sponsorship also. I would look forward to running against the best of the best in our class.

FormulaNine

Reaction
Fat_Tire_Bob,
Great to hear from you. Keep those ideas coming.

I can see where a 9 only race could cause problems in securing adequate sponsorship. This needs to be discussed in depth on this forum. I am waiting for the go-desert board to come back on line so we can get additional input.
Mike

Protech975

Reaction
F/T Bob
I was as well thinking of the same problem last night when looking at races to join this year as well as next . An Exclusive 9 only race would not pull the support we are looking for. BUT as I mentioned MORE would be willing to host a race for the Pro 9 group and add them to their roster of cars. As you may know MORE has races that often draw less than 20 cars total, so as you can see if we could get 25-30+ 9 cars to show up for a race then it would be almost exclusive anyway. MORE has Drawn big car numbers only when they combine with other Org.s, ie MORE/SNORE last Nov. had 101 cars entered, 58 ran with MORE,this July they are combining again with SNORE for a night race and should draw 150+ cars as this date has always drawn big entries {remember the firecracker 250} and in Sept. they are hosting a Pro 1600 race that should draw 100+ cars, 60+ of which will be 1600s. The Dec. MORE race is open to the Pro 9 clan but I can assure you that if we are to get this thing going even though it is 9 months away we have got to start planning today! R.S. #975
(Flat Tire Bob) fill out your profile! we need you,,,,,

Kenny_Thatcher

Reaction
MIke we disscused a all 9 series last year on the forum but it didnt seem to get the intrest of the drivers
but i think now that every one as seen what the pro 1600 guys have done it has everyones attention
i had a break down of alot of things to put on a three race series i will go through and see if i still have
it if you are interested e-mail me and ill go through some of the tough issues when Tim and i
talked about it last year the idea i had was to call it CRC (challenger racing championship) and to select
races that where not going to tear up the cars to help keep costs down the next thing that needs to be done is to have some reps from each organization get to gether and work it out be it over the phone or in person like lets say the bb400 if we can get some nine reps together from a couple of diffrent organizations Snore,More,Whiplash And Mdr I dont know if the other clubs have reps but as for snore
Clay Lenard and My Self are the class 9 reps

True Grit Racing "never give up"

mike_hinson

Reaction
Everyone seems to be calling it the Pro900 Series, so I just used that to put a name to it. What other names can the 9 teams suggest. I will then put up a poll to select a name for the series. A few suggested name for the series are:
1. Challenger Racing Championship (CRC)
2. Pro900 Series
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
Give us your suggestions. How many chances in your life do you get to name a racing series? Let's hear from the teams.
Mike

sincitysump

Reaction
How about "Pro Swingers Series" or "Walters Retirement Fund", Just Kidding Guys!

Catawampus

Reaction
We are reading with interest about the development of a 9 car series. As far as what it is called, we tend to go with Pro900. Also for consideration.
1.) Race series that runs on the most diverse range of difficulty and terrain as possible.
2.) Member teams actively involved in local desert conservation and clean-up efforts.
3.) Member teams work at advancing the class by getting people involved and participating. (Suggestions)

Like everyone else, we have non-race commitments that prevent us from spending more time at our sport. But if there is anything we can do to assist in this effort, please e-mail us.

Thanks
Kim Wright & Kevin Kopitch
Catawampus Racing

Protech975

Reaction
All great ideas! And the feedback polls are really showing some definite trends. So final ideas will be by the voice of the entire 9 car community instead of just a few members. Good stuff so far!
Here are some less likey name for the series; "Lemforder Cup" and " G.T.H. Series" GTH meaning 'GET THE HELL" out of my way.This of course comes from a 10 car driver!

sincitysump

Reaction
Some thing else that may help is for those that race only in one series like only SNORE or only MORE ect. because they are close to home and it cost less to race because there friends-chase people-pit support all help you because it doesnt cost "THEM" that much to come out and help you, to have these group reps. get some kind of race team together were you race against each other but also are there to help each other with the pit support, parts, and any either kind of help needed, so the little guy that my not want to get in on this because he or she is not thinking they will be able to afford the travel and support will fill more comfortable about getting into the Pro900 series. Kind of like how the Arizona Boys work. I know most of the SNORE people will do anything they can to help you out at the races, but there may be a few out there that think this series may make them drive to far and the support they have will not be able to help them out do the extra cost, would commit if they know they would have the "BROTHERS" out there for them.
Just a thought,
Jim

Reaction
If PRO900 runs a race in late 2002,why not have the points count towards the 2003 series. Maybe have it the best 3 out of 4 point races. R.S.

mike_hinson

Reaction
Roger,
Great idea. If we end up with a points fund, and it looks like we are, rolling the points over into the 2003 series with a 3 out of 4 series would give the teams the ability to drop one race. We'll have to vote on it to see how the idea meets with the other teams.
Mike

Protech975

Reaction
Anyone want to meet for an Imprompto Pro 900 meeting of sorts after the MORE race this weekend?
I will be there and thought it would be a good chance to get some preliminary info and ideas from those who attend this race? Also if anyone needs help at their Main Pit or Communication help at the Start finish I will have Radio available to help whomever! Just let me know before Fri. Rob S.