PRO Buggy Rental Program

LHT Motorsports

RDC Crypto
We are considering starting a PRO BUGGY rental program. Initially it would be at regional events.

Ths would be with "solid" equipment that would not necessarily be state of the art but would definetly get you around the track all day/night and you could get the full flavor of what these cars are capable of.

It would be a "full service" program, all the renter has to do is show up with fire suit and helmet in hand (and a check of course) . We would do everything else.

I would welcome opinions about demand for something like this.

Thanks,
LHT Morotsports

PAB

40's rock!
RDC Crypto
We are considering starting a PRO BUGGY rental program. Initially it would be at regional events.

Ths would be with "solid" equipment that would not necessarily be state of the art but would definetly get you around the track all day/night and you could get the full flavor of what these cars are capable of.

It would be a "full service" program, all the renter has to do is show up with fire suit and helmet in hand (and a check of course) . We would do everything else.

Thanks,
LHT Morotsports

It would be cool for people who are looking to sample what short course is all about without having to jump all the way in. Also a cool present to be able to give someone if you want to surprise them with a race weekend!

Heidi and I have been looking for the correct Pro-Buggy for her to test and maybe race at a regional race. Maybe this would work

LHT Motorsports

RDC Crypto
It would be cool for people who are looking to sample what short course is all about without having to jump all the way in. Also a cool present to be able to give someone if you want to surprise them with a race weekend!

Heidi and I have been looking for the correct Pro-Buggy for her to test and maybe race at a regional race. Maybe this would work

We might be able to work something our for the upcoming ASCC event at Speedworld - let me know if that is of interest. e-mail me at bidpro@earthlink.net. Thank you

07FJRog

RDC Crypto

you can't let her drive yours for a regional race, Cam? doesn't get much better than an Alumicraft chassis ;)

BTW, I think it is pretty cool for a rental idea

LHT Motorsports

RDC Crypto
I'm sure there is a ton of demand for it. The big question is: how big of a check do you have to bring?

Andy - We are bantering around numbers right now but a popular "range" is between $3,000 and $5,000 a race PLUS paying to repair substantial damage if the Renter causes it.

Also might depend upon the cars, we have 4 potential cars for this program, one is a little newer/nicer/ the other two are solid cars but a little older. We also have one state of the art car we mgiht use, it would likely bring $7,500 per race or more

Does that sound in the "ballpark"?.

LHT Motorsports

RDC Crypto
I think you should give a price on what the repairs might be also. 3-5K sounds good but how much would it cost if we blow a motor. The extras are what would worry me.

Papa - yes we will absolutely have agreed upon charges for mishaps - it wont be open ended on either party's behalf.

This will be credible equipment from a credible car builder / fabricator / lifetime offroad racer. I think everyone will be comfortable with the parties involved.

Are you interested?.

Thank you,

Jones23

RDC Crypto
Website
www.lucasoilregionalaz.com

Thanks,
LHT Morotsports

This is a great idea Greg. Will there be an option for just a car rental? or is this full service only?

LHT Motorsports

RDC Crypto
This is a great idea Greg. Will there be an option for just a car rental? or is this full service only?

Tim - the current "vision" is full service. I think if you piecemeal the package it makes it more complicated in terms of areas of responsibility and getting the cars prepared "our way" to make sure they are solid.

ProLite13

RDC Crypto
How does this compare in price to a superlite rental race weekend?

A little over 1/3 of the dough out of pocket would get the job done that includes entry, fuel, transponder, food, gate, etc... Same # of laps around the track.

Top running operation. I've personally witnessed this arive and drive program in action. No BS show up with your gear, practice and race.

Same type of car Whelchel is racing in loorrs.

prolite#7

RDC Crypto
Website
WWW.
I have a brand new never run redline honda pro buggy engine for sale paid $17 k and i am going to sell it for $7500 this is a complete engine or maybe i would rent the engine

LHT Motorsports

RDC Crypto
7500.00 I believe that includes entry fee. Don't hold me to the entry part.

For the three older cars (Chenoweth magnums that have been updated) at an ASCC event we would be looking at $2,500 to $3,000 for the rental including practice, qialifying and race use. We deliver, maintan and take away - your other costs would be entry fee and damage to the extent that there was any.

On the newer car(s) we would need to discuss but would likely be competative with Pro-Lite, plus enrty, damage.

Once again, this is a Foddrill Motorsports Program, the cars run as advertised, properly prepped, dialed in cars that fly level and you can trust. A professional operations.

Dezert-Racer

RDC Crypto
Hmmm... Sounds like a deal, for a practice on Friday, about 5 laps, Saturday practice of 5 laps, Heat race of 6 laps and a Main Event of 12 laps. So you will get about 28 laps of racing.

Cost: $2500.00 rental, $250.00 entry fee, $25.00 membership, $25.00 Transponder and 20.00 gate entry fee adds up to $2820.00 or about $100.00 a 1.1 mile lap or $100.00 a minute based on the laps times listed from the mylaps results. Which ever way you would prefer to look at...it would boost the car count too!

LHT Motorsports

RDC Crypto
WOW you uncovered the scam - were trying to build an EMPIRE from these hefty fees.... To humor myself....Let's consider the alternative....you go out and purchase a Pro-Buggy for say $50K for a decent one (not a front running car for that price by the way), then buy a trailer, then spares, and everything else you need. Then find some experts for shock tuning, and a great crew ... etc etc etc and then show up at the first race and you determine that you HATE short course racing (and maybe you "yard saled" the car in the process because you never drove one before and now have a pile of junk you need to fix before it can even be sold)... oh well, no biggie, you go home and put all your stuff up for sale and wait around for a Buyer.... oh yeah and you spend days cleaning a fixing your stuff even to get it in saleable condition...

Or..... show up, run one of our cars, have a great time .. go home and decide what to do next... and you don't even have to clean off the mud...our Guy's will take care of it..

Here is the GOOD NEWS - everyone has an opinion and that is what makes this such a great country, AND (even better) there is no requirement for you to rent one - problem solved, what a relief - we were so panicked