Pro Co driver for V2R

MTPyle

Reaction
We are looking for a pro Co driver for V2R that can ride the entire race. Must have TT or 6100 experience. Would need to be available for practice and testing weeks before the race.

Willing to pay.

Will also need someone for B400 and B1K

We need to step up our game and need someone that’s got the experience to help us get on the podium.

Mike

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
I see the ad in the classifieds all the time

MTPyle

Reaction
Haha. I guess pro is someone that has been paid to co drive. Someone that has way more experience than we do.

I have been looking for volunteer Codrivers and now looking for someone that’s been doing it for a long time.

we have have some great guys and I know some of them can be great with more time. But we are at the point that we need someone that can jump in and push us.

Reached out to Kellon as per a suggestion here. He thinks he will be available for V2R. That kind of person will really help us up our game. Hopefully we can convince him to help us.

Still need to find someone for the Baja races as I know Kellon is busy for those.

Mike

Rcamp99

Reaction
Haha. I guess pro is someone that has been paid to co drive. Someone that has way more experience than we do.

I have been looking for volunteer Codrivers and now looking for someone that’s been doing it for a long time.

we have have some great guys and I know some of them can be great with more time. But we are at the point that we need someone that can jump in and push us.

Reached out to Kellon as per a suggestion here. He thinks he will be available for V2R. That kind of person will really help us up our game. Hopefully we can convince him to help us.

Still need to find someone for the Baja races as I know Kellon is busy for those.

Mike
Surprised he’s available. He was hurt pretty badly not that long ago. He’s definitely one of the best tho.

MTPyle

Reaction
He is racing B500 so he must be OK now ans V2R is still a ways out.

yes is a super star and we would be so excited to have him help

Mike

10 shot

Reaction
Or you can do what everyone else does hire a fast driver put him in for 60% of the race then jump in for the finish! Lol I see it all the time! Honestly tho riding with a fast driver you may learn more to drive faster than riding with a great co driver.

jon coleman

Reaction
Or you can do what everyone else does hire a fast driver put him in for 60% of the race then jump in for the finish! Lol I see it all the time! Honestly tho riding with a fast driver you may learn more to drive faster than riding with a great co driver.
Definitely ride with top guys in your class, especially in your Own car, its an eye opening/ humbling experiance

MTPyle

Reaction
Firedog

our new prep/logistics guy Nathan is legit and has already helped a ton. He has been around and already stopped me from doing stupid stuff. We are getting there, I promise. Nathan is a pro.

Mike

MTPyle

Reaction

haha I see that a lot and to me it’s not the same achievement. Having your name on a truck but hiring a pro driver does not mean you won a race. For some it obviously make sense. But for us we want to drive to the podium.

Mike

calstyl2

Reaction
Pete Mortensen, Menzes former co-dawg, been out of the sport for a few years, in Vegas
Lalo Laguna, Lalo will help you in Baja if he's available, tied in with Baldi but Im sure he'd love to ride

J BomBer

Reaction

basically this, co driver isn’t gonna make the driver go faster, if you’re not on the podium you are not driving hard enough.

jon coleman

Reaction
a good co driver, i mean its there life type co driver, brings somthing nobody else can really bring in the heat of battle, good mo jo, a lot of co drivers hate it and just look at the right seat as one step closer to the left, ( im guilty)but really good navigators/ co dawgs are content

MTPyle

Reaction
basically this, co driver isn’t gonna make the driver go faster, if you’re not on the podium you are not driving hard enough.

getting on the podium is not just about driving hard. I wish it was just that easy. Oh duh just driving harder. LOL why didn’t we think of that? If it was that easy everyone would do it.

it takes everything to be right at the same time. Yes you have to drive hard but you need a co dog you can trust and that’s good. On top of the 100 other things that need to be right.

your post insults all the great co drivers and the great driver co driver teams out there. You ask any top TT or 6100 driver and he will tell you is Co Dog is amazing and deserves credit.

Mike

fastfelix

Reaction
getting on the podium is not just about driving hard. I wish it was just that easy. Oh duh just driving harder. LOL why didn’t we think of that? If it was that easy everyone would do it.

it takes everything to be right at the same time. Yes you have to drive hard but you need a co dog you can trust and that’s good. On top of the 100 other things that need to be right.

your post insults all the great co drivers and the great driver co driver teams out there. You ask any top TT or 6100 driver and he will tell you is Co Dog is amazing and deserves credit.

Mike
Me another team are learning this in class11 as funny as it sounds. I hired a Mexican woman shrink that holds a chancla 🩴. I’ve slowed down but gone a lot faster. Haven’t even rolled since she has been riding.

J BomBer

Reaction

Mike

that’s not insulting the good co drivers out there, if your vehicle runs flawless the whole race and you still don’t end up on the podium what does that mean? You were beat by faster people, co driver isn’t gonna fix that, maybe it’s different in a truck, I wouldn’t know I race 1600, 516 and class 11 and prefer to be by myself when possible, to me a passenger is one more thing to worry about.