Pro Comp wide five bead lock wheel **WARNING**

SEANY

Reaction
I ran into a HUGE ordeal with a customer and want to warn everyone before they run into the same thing, sorry if this is a repost.

A customer comes in and says he was told we deal with bead locks and I agreed, he has two black pro comp wide five bead lock wheels and two 35x1250r15 goodyear mt/r's that he wanted mounted. I said no problem, haha if i only knew. When the wheels were designed they didn't give enough space for the bead of the tire to fit around were the bead lock bolts up, instead of being 15inch like it said on the box thee were 15.35 inches. So I took it across the street and had it machined, it was off by a collective 4mm, 2mm on both side. When I got the wheels back the tire fit perfect. Then came the next problem, the part were the outside bead sits on the rim to be pinched by the bead lock wasn't deep enough leaving about 1.5 inches of space between the rim and the ring before bolting. The bolts would never pull down far enough to seal. Once again I figured out it needed to be machined another .5 inches in that spot. After that we got the wheels and tires all mounted up and the customer could get his car going.

Be aware of any Pro Comp wide five bead lock wheels unless you dont mind spending another $200 or so dollars on having them machined to work the way they should when you purchased them in the first place. Or just bring them to NORCO TIRES and I can fix them right up for you jajaja. Ask for Sean.

Reaction
Hope those weren't going on a street vehicle. How do you protect your self from liability in such a case anyway? Where are the engineering studies backing up the theory behind your wheel modifications? Those wheels were safe as delivered to you, very safe. Now, asks the plaintiff's attorney, how do you explain the rim fracture that led to my clients crippling and permanent injuries?

I think one would be better off to say no can do. Did the customer pay the extra $200? How'd he react to that?

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
More wonderful Chinese RND/QC........ Kinda like the BTR's with incomplete taped holes.............

SEANY

Reaction
Hope those weren't going on a street vehicle. How do you protect your self from liability in such a case anyway? Where are the engineering studies backing up the theory behind your wheel modifications? Those wheels were safe as delivered to you, very safe. Now, asks the plaintiff's attorney, how do you explain the rim fracture that led to my clients crippling and permanent injuries?

I think one would be better off to say no can do. Did the customer pay the extra $200? How'd he react to that?
Ahh how I love that you brought this up. First its for an off highway vehicle. Second on the customer's invoice it states that he the customer agreed to all altercations and he signed it. Third this isnt my first beer if you catch my drift, I do understand some basic engineering. Also at Norco Tires we do our best to take care of the customer no matter what the problem is and don't shy away because there "could" be a lawsuit, just like the good ole days when people weren't sue friendly. And finally I was just trying to worn you that these wheels if purchased are PAPER WEIGHTS because they will not work.

Reaction
altercations
Freudian slip or Norco is still the Wild West? :D

I just think one would want to send some customers' requests "down the road." You didn't sell the wheels.

SEANY

Reaction
Freudian slip or Norco is still the Wild West? :D

I just think one would want to send some customers' requests "down the road." You didn't sell the wheels.
jajaja Nice!!!

Yea but I knew I could help this poor guy so I did. And I'm not trying to "TOOT' my own horn with this thread just a warning to all.

Sparky

Reaction
Did you try calling ProComp to find out what they had to say about it?

nickhead

Reaction
We (kartek) stopped selling these wheels months ago due to the same issues.. We sent them all back to pro-comp after they had "fixed" the issues.. Thanks for keeping it real Sean, we will continue to send all of our customers to you for all their needs, you do an awesome job down there.. Thanks!

D-rek

Reaction
I have a set of these wheels with 35" projects on them. The night before V2R pre run last year I was at Kartek till 8:00pm trying to get them mounted. I think in total we broke 10 bolts absolute PITA....Next time I will stick with BTR's or Robby's...On another note I would like to thank Norco tires. I recently had 10 beadlocks mounted up with tubes for our twelve car all done without a hitch..Thanks guys.

5racer

Reaction

Now, asks the plaintiff's attorney, how do you explain the rim fracture that led to my clients crippling and permanent injuries?

you say s------t happens and it may happen to you .

SEANY

Reaction
Did you try calling ProComp to find out what they had to say about it?
Nope, most of the people on the phones don't even know what a bead lock wheel is hahah.

We (kartek) stopped selling these wheels months ago due to the same issues.. We sent them all back to pro-comp after they had "fixed" the issues.. Thanks for keeping it real Sean, we will continue to send all of our customers to you for all their needs, you do an awesome job down there.. Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words Nick. We appreciate the business you guys send us, we actually just got another set of these today and there at the machine shop as I type.

I have a set of these wheels with 35" projects on them. The night before V2R pre run last year I was at Kartek till 8:00pm trying to get them mounted. I think in total we broke 10 bolts absolute PITA....Next time I will stick with BTR's or Robby's...On another note I would like to thank Norco tires. I recently had 10 beadlocks mounted up with tubes for our twelve car all done without a hitch..Thanks guys.
No problem D-rek, Thanks for giving us a try and we hope to see you in here soon.

Now, asks the plaintiff's attorney, how do you explain the rim fracture that led to my clients crippling and permanent injuries?

you say s------t happens and it may happen to you .
Exactly, my dad has run his business's like that for over ten years and said he will never stop. A hand shake to him means more then a signature.

43mod

Reaction
thanks for being the way you are.i am in the middle of raising two boys the way i was,having to make some of their own choices,being held accountable for what they do.standing on the back porch before school shooting blackbirds coming out of the rice fields etc etc.
we have never had a signed contract for a job and never been burned.when united rentals calls for prelean info on a $200 rental job for us after 20 years of bus w/them they think i am crazy when i laugh and tell them NO.
Keep it up. Ben 6043

baja stu

Reaction
I all most bought the Procomps from Kartek when they had them in stock but I went with KMC's instead. Man, am I glad! I even mounted my own tires in no time flat.

But it’s nice to see someone out there with a great customer service story. I'm sure that you now have a customer for life.