Pro lite builds

r.c.t.

Reaction
can you build a pro lite/ unlimited lite for 75-80k. are aluminum blocks going to be legal next year in this class.

T_Cuffaro

Reaction
I'll sell you a really nice used one for 75-80k. It's the whole package. You will end up basically buying 2 trucks to go racing - spares, etc.

I know Chad Hord and crew would build a new pro lite for a customer over the winter. That would no doubt be the way to go on a new truck.

DaughertyRacing

Reaction
It can be done! We built my truck for around 85K there are alot of little things that add up! Mine is for sale for 55K!

handmethemic

Reaction
Or Keith Stamper / Related Fab in Crandon would be an option as well. Not sure on the price but he builds and preps a mean hot rod.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Guys there are two thraeds about this, info only. The other thread has some info in it as well

r.c.t.

Reaction
Sorry guys there is two posts on this, one just took forever to post. I'm getting mixed reviews when i ask people about building a new truck. i've even been told 145k turn key for pro-lite. i really think this class has much more room in it for more trucks. my concern is the motors, who is building a good chevy powerplant if anybody.

CR29

Reaction
Adam Wik is building & developing a badass Chevy PL engine at the moment. Call Wik Racing Engines @ 702-837-2522 ask for Adam. There are also 2 new Keith Stamper(Hord, Deegan, Cuffaro, Obergs P2&Lite, Ampudia P2, Traxxas P2) built pro-lites that I think are for sale with Wik Chevy engines and Independent Off-Road exhaust systems sitting in Keith's shop(715-478-3441) that are almost done.

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
There are three people building Chevy engines for the class. Adam Wik built the engine in the truck he drives (Colorado 2.8L based). Dan Pentico has an Ecotec built by CBM in his truck, and Matt Barney has an Pontiac Super-Duty based engine with a Brodix head built by Dan Crower I believe.

DaughertyRacing

Reaction
Wik is a smart Guy with the chevy motors!! His 2.8 motor is a solid package!

D.L.C.

Reaction
Sorry guys there is two posts on this, one just took forever to post. I'm getting mixed reviews when i ask people about building a new truck. i've even been told 145k turn key for pro-lite. i really think this class has much more room in it for more trucks. my concern is the motors, who is building a good chevy powerplant if anybody.
I just happen to know that one of the baddest prolite trucks out there is for sale right now.
If your for real about getting a prolite, I promise you wont be dissapointed.
let me know if your interested and I can hook you up.

Dustin S.
rangerprerunner@gmail.com

ProLite13

Reaction
There are three people building Chevy engines for the class. Adam Wik built the engine in the truck he drives (Colorado 2.8L based). Dan Pentico has an Ecotec built by CBM in his truck, and Matt Barney has an Pontiac Super-Duty based engine with a Brodix head built by Dan Crower I believe.

This is a good time to come clean on the Ecotec. I purchased the truck with a set of old Super Duty Iron Dukes 2700cc making approx. 265 hp after the down draft intake was removed. Supposedly there was a little more power with the down draft intake set up versus the side drafts. I was having to rebuild the tired old Dukes to often and they didn't like to run above 6500 rpm for to long.

I made the decision to stay with Chevy for reasons I know today were wrong, but my Dad was a Chevy man and a hot rod buff he was the man with a plan so Chevy it was.:)

At that time towards the end of the 2007 Corr season we made the switch to the Ecotec someone had just gotten the head approved and it seemed like the best option for Chevy at the time. I have struggled trying to make power with it ever since. We made little changes here and there over the last three seasons with limited power increases and most recently we have adapted the Esslinger intake down draft setup with some gain but not significant.

I sure hope someone has the answer to making this motor go but I'm afraid not. I have talked to everyone I could about the Ecotec program and have been told the same thing over and over that it will never happen with that motor. So to this day I have not been able to get this thing past 270 hp.:mad:

After driving something that has 315 plus hp and awesome torque I recognized that it is absolutely necessary to have the right motor to run up front. Being down 45-65 hp is no fun in this ultra competitive class.

I know the other 2 Chevy motors are making a lot better hp for sure. I say this so you can narrow it down from here the Ecotec will only make good hp when it is using the technology designed for it like fuel injection and a super charger or turbo these things are rumored over 1000 hp in the duners world so we know they are strong motors.

I am currently looking at the other options that are out there and leaning towards Ford.

Do your research and homework on this Prolite build you want to do, the guys that have posted above really do have something worth looking at, all of them. Consider the fact that a new race truck is a used race truck as soon as it hits the track. These machines above have a great track record and are proven fast.

I hope this info will help you get out there and racing sooner you are missing out on the most thrilling experience in your life until you do.:D

P.S. Brian I was serious when I said that I could put your 300 plus hp Toyota on the podium given the chance.;)

DP:cool:

todd5c

Reaction
hopefully our truck/powerplant becomes an accepted option, talk about a competetive drivers class. with a operating price that cant be beat, and get guys sitting out because of money/engines back out on the track. hope to see you this weekend dan.

Prolite 11

Reaction
If your serious call Adam Wik... (702)837-2522... He has a great Chevy combination he's been working with. He also has done a ton of research on the Ecotec as well.

DaughertyRacing

Reaction
Cant wait to see how ours turns out!!!!

ProLite13

Reaction
Cant wait to see how ours turns out!!!!
Yours turns out? What happened to the Ford? How many times did you have it out a total of 6 or 7 ? I thought it was the total package, one that I would have been stoked to race for sure.

HUBBARD

Reaction
this is really simple if you have lots of money to put in to this racing program at lest 500k you can build a new one. if you have less then 200k buy one already built. also spend the extra $$$ get one that is proven. like the 54. it will hold its resale value and you will hit the track with a truck that will run up front. this way if you ant running say in the top five you know it is you not the truck, this will also save you from wasting time and money on stuff you think you need to go faster when the driver might be the issue. if you can drive and run in the top five you will have podium in the first year which will be the best return on your investment cause then comes the sponsors. if you have less then 100k i wouldn't consider racing prolite unless your ok with not being competitive. if your on a low budget say 100k and still decided to do it i would still buy the most completive truck. this is most important. run a flat bed with an easy up. it gets the job done save the money for the truck.

DaughertyRacing

Reaction
Yours turns out? What happened to the Ford? How many times did you have it out a total of 6 or 7 ? I thought it was the total package, one that I would have been stoked to race for sure.

Last season we raced the truck and at the last Chula vista the motor let go! Esslinger went thru the motor and updated everything!!! No more stock water pump the head cool differently and build a bit more power!! At our first race this year we got a total of 8 laps between practice, qualifying and the race... Not how I wanted our year to start(and stop for me), Esslinger took the motor back rebuilt it and it is ready to go back into the truck, we have a few motor mounts to modify and the truck will be ready to go!
In the off season we started a new Unlimited lite chassie and I am VERY excited to get it togather and see how the Ecotech that has been a 1 year project actually come togather, Adam Wik really wants to see the motor done, he is as curious as we are!:D

ProLite13

Reaction
Last season we raced the truck and at the last Chula vista the motor let go! Esslinger went thru the motor and updated everything!!! No more stock water pump the head cool differently and build a bit more power!! At our first race this year we got a total of 8 laps between practice, qualifying and the race... Not how I wanted our year to start(and stop for me), Esslinger took the motor back rebuilt it and it is ready to go back into the truck, we have a few motor mounts to modify and the truck will be ready to go!
In the off season we started a new Unlimited lite chassie and I am VERY excited to get it togather and see how the Ecotech that has been a 1 year project actually come togather, Adam Wik really wants to see the motor done, he is as curious as we are!:D

Someone has an answer for the Ecotec, hurry up and get that thing out there I may be able to save a lot of unnecessary expense if its true. You just gave me hope Aaron.

Adam Wik huh!!!!!