Pro lite builds

r.c.t.

Reaction
What is the cost to build a pro lite, can you do it for 70-80k. Why the rules of this class do not allow aluminum blocks.

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
Reaction
Not sure what they cost to build but if you are looking, forget building one 70-80K. Why not just buy Rob's (Fig) for like 60K. I think that's what he is selling it for...Multi race/championship winning truck..Heck or Kyle Leduc's or Casey Curry's. All of these are around the same price range. If you're looking to buy

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Not sure what they cost to build but if you are looking, forget building one 70-80K. Why not just buy Rob's (Fig) for like 60K. I think that's what he is selling it for...Multi race/championship winning truck..Heck or Kyle Leduc's or Casey Curry's. All of these are around the same price range. If you're looking to buy
x2..... a lot a good/proven trucks out there....

Pro-Lite Brian

Reaction
^^^^^^^^^

That is some wisdom right there! Buy Rob's truck and you'd be money ahead.

If you are looking for a new truck, none of the other builders can match Dan Huseman. There's 50k+ just in bolt on parts (engine and trans. included). Materials and labor just drive the cost of a new truck up from there!

Also, I believe you can use an aluminum block if the truck was delivered with one. The Chevy trucks can use the Colorado 2.8L, the Ecotec 2.4L if you want an aluminum block... I'm sure if you wanted to use the Duratec 2.3 in a Ranger, you could, and it has an aluminum block too.