pro lite chassis

xnoregretsx

Reaction
anybody wanna be nice enough to let me use their blueprints?

gonna use 2x3 for the rails and either 1 1/2 or 2" tubing

esslinger motor and trans .. i know its 12 /14 suspension travel... anyone have any little secrets they wanna let me in on... not like im gonna be in contengency for any points anytime soon i just want to build a good prolite to take to the track/dezert

xnoregretsx

Reaction
i found a pdf that has the basic frame rail and suspension rules...

but as far as the roll cage i cant find anything.

i would like to mimic johny greaves chassis to an extent.

im not looking to build a hundred thousand dollar truck. i just turned 21 and im a poor college kid with a tube bender /notcher plasma and a tig welder... ive got *most* of the tools to build it myself i just cant find anyone willing to help me out.

if i cant build the pro lite im just going to build a trophy lite.. i got my hands on the blueprints for the chassis and suspension

FarrisMotorsports

Reaction
anybody wanna be nice enough to let me use their blueprints?

gonna use 2x3 for the rails and either 1 1/2 or 2" tubing

esslinger motor and trans .. i know its 12 /14 suspension travel... anyone have any little secrets they wanna let me in on... not like im gonna be in contengency for any points anytime soon i just want to build a good prolite to take to the track/dezert

Where are you located?

baja619

Reaction
Might look like or be similar too a trophy Lite if you did end going that route. Unfortunately You would not be allowed to compete in the Trophy Lite division and more importantly get your shot at the cash and prizes.

Trophy Lite is a sanctioned and spec class only.

i found a pdf that has the basic frame rail and suspension rules...

but as far as the roll cage i cant find anything.

i would like to mimic johny greaves chassis to an extent.

im not looking to build a hundred thousand dollar truck. i just turned 21 and im a poor college kid with a tube bender /notcher plasma and a tig welder... ive got *most* of the tools to build it myself i just cant find anyone willing to help me out.

if i cant build the pro lite im just going to build a trophy lite.. i got my hands on the blueprints for the chassis and suspension

xnoregretsx

Reaction
Might look like or be similar too a trophy Lite if you did end going that route. Unfortunately You would not be allowed to compete in the Trophy Lite division and more importantly get your shot at the cash and prizes.

Trophy Lite is a sanctioned and spec class only.

ya i know about the trophy lites im considering buying the base model and racing the series in 2011

if i end up building something like a trophy lite its gonna be a little longer and a 3 seater since it will be a play toy instead of race vehicle... but i figure if i can build it to spec or as close as possible and get fast in it it will only make it that much easier to make the transition to pro lite or trophy lite later on down the road.

i wish i had the grandpa casey currie does... would make my dreams of racing a whoooooooooole lot easier

and im located in the southern central valley right above bakersfield
but if the paperwork goes through smoothly ill be in riverside attending the fab school all next year and the next

PLcrew

Reaction
Your not the normal poor college kid if you have enough change laying around to build a pro-lite.