Pro lite spec w/ 350 motor

r.c.t.

RDC Crypto
it's a fully built pro lite, just different motor & trans,apparently a 2 speed trans. there is a couple that run with the m4sx series. mason truck is nice.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
RDC Crypto
.... you dont happen to be thinking about the "pro spec" trucks are you? that run a pro 2 chassis and a spec LS7?.... from my understanding the pro spec chassis is a modified "pro lite" chassis so some guys have bought older "pro lites" and converted them to "pro spec"

..... than again im probably wrong! haha :)

lowedown&dirty

RDC Crypto
Website
www.blackflagthis.com
I am building the same thing right now. I bought an old pro-lite that was last raced at CV in '05 by M Oberg. It now has a 350 and a 3 spd. auto. We also cut the cab section of the cage out and made it 1 3/4", .125". I had done this because from what I read in all the different series rule books, the truck would not of passed tech. due to the new weight of the truck. I plan on coming down once or twice a year to race VORRA, Glen Helen or some desert races and we wanted to keep all options open. It has been alot of work(exhaust, passenger seat...) but I am excited to test in about a month. That will give us lots of time to break stuff before the first race.

hoeker

RDC Crypto
Website
www.rosshoek.com
.... you dont happen to be thinking about the "pro spec" trucks are you? that run a pro 2 chassis and a spec LS7?.... from my understanding the pro spec chassis is a modified "pro lite" chassis so some guys have bought older "pro lites" and converted them to "pro spec"

..... than again im probably wrong! haha :)

yep, pro-spec was a pro-2 chassis with an LS7, nothing pro-lite about it. there were only 4 ever built, mine is back into pro-2 trim, kevin davis converted his to pro-2 for this year, and i'm not sure on ryan busnardo's, last i heard they were going to leave it as pro-spec for this year. the prototype as seen in Dirtsports has been converted to a 2-seat pace truck for the TORC series. unfortunaly pro-spec is dead.

MeFirst

RDC Crypto
I think a pro-spec/super stock class would be a good thing on the West coast. I think the problem last year is that the popularity of CORR didn't grow organically. There was national television so everyone bought right into pro-2 rather than working their way up.

With the existence of both Lucas Oil and TORC in the West, both with good vehicle counts, there may be a need for a sportsman class in the big trucks for those interested in moving up. Say someone wants to go from single buggy into the big trucks, going straight to pro-2 is a huge jump and there is no chance of being competitive for a few years unless you have a lot of money. With a super stock class you can learn how to drive the big truck on a reasonable budget.

Ross's super truck was running pretty well at the end of the year and he wants $25k turn key. Dave Waldvogel had his on the podium a couple times in pro-2 and it took second for the season the year before in super stock. You can pick that up turn-key as a super truck for like $45k.

I think this class can be succesful.

r.c.t.

RDC Crypto
it's a pro lite w /small block chevy, raced against it last night at M4SX. this truck belongs to todd cunningham #5c. thing runs good strong and is competitive. talked to a few other guys as well and they are building the same truck. could be something in the feture?

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
RDC Crypto
it's a pro lite w /small block chevy, raced against it last night at M4SX. this truck belongs to todd cunningham #5c. thing runs good strong and is competitive. talked to a few other guys as well and they are building the same truck. could be something in the feture?

ya we were there doing a live broadcast ... that truck looked like it could have some potential among the grass roots guys, or the older teens stepping up from UTV class. i was pretty impressed on how it performed. but than again dan vance was running a v6 in a much heavier truck with spare tires and a person in the passenger seat and they were battling head to head, maybe it wasn't so dialed after all ....

dansparts

RDC Crypto
Website
www.dansperformanceparts.com
Here's a pic from the last race, it's yellow now.

yhst-49106579207572_2043_238135335

LORENZ

RDC Crypto
Stuffing an economical motor package into a Pro-lite will get you NEG rep points around here boys. The popular kids and their fan boys lay down the wrath, check my profile for a laugh. Fair warning...

V8 and Pro-lite have a ring to it.

DSC04629.jpg

DSC04630.jpg

Greg

RDC Crypto
Website
prerunners.com
I like the idea of the PL with a mild small block...has potential.
As for Vance's truck, here's the scoop. It really is just a 4.0 take-out motor and a stock 6sp manual box and clutch. The motor has no mods except for a different air filter/box and a set of Thorley headers. It runs the factory wiring harness and still runs the fly-by-wire throttle, not even a custom tune...nothing. As for the suspension on his truck, I do all the valving and it is pretty far off the "normal" tuning path, but it works pretty well. The front kit is a stock-pivot-point Total Chaos kit, so we are working with a few limitations as far as travel as this is kit that can be just bolted-on, but again, it works well and has proven super-reliable. The truck is NOT light and I believe over 4500# with driver and co-driver and spare/tools/etc. The only change made to run Perris was a swap to 33" rear tires....exact set-up as it runs in the desert. He did a great job building this truck and it has taken a beating and is still solid as a rock. The truck is actually still registered, licensed, and has insurance...the door windows still roll-up and Dan locks it on race nights....you could get through the windshield opening...but that'd be hard to do. Just throw a windshield, turn signals, and a cat and you could drive it on the street. All of this just compliments Dan's ability to drive, and he does drive the crap out of the car. No denying the fact that he hits his lines every lap and doesn't make mistakes, not to mention that he trusts his equipment and will push it to the limit. His prep is also very, very good...in the last few years I cant think of any mistake from bad prep or lack of maintenance. I have been working with Dan for a long time now and I'm proud to be involved with his race efforts. Maybe one day we can work on a short-course specific suspension set-up and then get some motor-work done too.

John F2000

RDC Crypto
Website
www.fordf2000.com
I like the idea of the PL with a mild small block...has potential.
As for Vance's truck, here's the scoop. It really is just a 4.0 take-out motor and a stock 6sp manual box and clutch. The motor has no mods except for a different air filter/box and a set of Thorley headers. It runs the factory wiring harness and still runs the fly-by-wire throttle, not even a custom tune...nothing. As for the suspension on his truck, I do all the valving and it is pretty far off the "normal" tuning path, but it works pretty well. The front kit is a stock-pivot-point Total Chaos kit, so we are working with a few limitations as far as travel as this is kit that can be just bolted-on, but again, it works well and has proven super-reliable. The truck is NOT light and I believe over 4500# with driver and co-driver and spare/tools/etc. The only change made to run Perris was a swap to 33" rear tires....exact set-up as it runs in the desert. He did a great job building this truck and it has taken a beating and is still solid as a rock. The truck is actually still registered, licensed, and has insurance...the door windows still roll-up and Dan locks it on race nights....you could get through the windshield opening...but that'd be hard to do. Just throw a windshield, turn signals, and a cat and you could drive it on the street. All of this just compliments Dan's ability to drive, and he does drive the crap out of the car. No denying the fact that he hits his lines every lap and doesn't make mistakes, not to mention that he trusts his equipment and will push it to the limit. His prep is also very, very good...in the last few years I cant think of any mistake from bad prep or lack of maintenance. I have been working with Dan for a long time now and I'm proud to be involved with his race efforts. Maybe one day we can work on a short-course specific suspension set-up and then get some motor-work done too.

I have to say I am really surprised. That being said, hats off to this effort. A stock motor, kit front end, goes to show what a good set up and driver can do.

WFODAN

RDC Crypto
Website
www.chaosfab.com
Thanks for the good words guys!!

Without the help of Greg gagnon and the rest of my team, the truck wouldn't be able to do what it does. I am always proud to look at the results after a race to see the times of my truck and compare them to the times of the faster short course specific trucks we are on the track with. We do battle against trucks that weigh in at around half the weight of my truck, and always have more hp than we do. In the end it is just good racing!! My hat is off to ALL competitors that race at any time.

As for Todds truck...... That thing will be great once it is dialed in. With how light it is and the hp numbers it has, it is only a matter of time before he is stomping the competition!! I think it could def be something to watch for in the future.

Nukldragger

RDC Crypto
Stuffing an economical motor package into a Pro-lite will get you NEG rep points around here boys. The popular kids and their fan boys lay down the wrath, check my profile for a laugh. Fair warning...

Come on now Sean, your turbo motor threads are epic in the Pro-Lite circles.

Matter of fact, when somebody pointed out the glasses on that photographer at MS4X, another said "That's probably the turbo motor guy from RDC".

I made a mouthfull of Amber Bock spray out of my nose.

If you want an economical motor package, go with a Trophy Lite. Wait, you already did that........

baja619

RDC Crypto
Website
www.fiberwerx.com
I think it a great and economical idea. Will it take off is the biggest question.

Could be a hit in the stadium type short course races and then move into a large Colosseum type facility. But that is just dreaming