• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pro Stock build thoughts

mspina

roll cage and rear bumper coming along. Rear of cage a bit wider than factory for more head room. Blue tape is a potential tube,not sure what would be better. Would rather have rear clip a bit too strong than find it tweaked from nerf or roll. Spare(s) could go 2 side or 1 top for now. Fuel cell rule is a killer so far. Stock is 10 g . For the moment I am hearing 2 g over stock. This will not fit under pass seat without creating full custom cell over X months at same cost as 23g tank available to all now. . I am not putting a fuel cell over the header. SCORE tech will figure out something and make it work safely I hope. If we make the 250 may have to run higher class until this gets figured out. Lots more to do.
I like the single mount look

Nessy

Reinforce the upper shock mounts in the rear while you are in there. Also did you do the steering rack bushing?

43mod

have not touched suspension yet. Upper rear shock mounts have a short tube running to roll cage main hoop. Working my way forward and down. Front subframe looks like it will be a bit of a project to figure out. Or possibly just make sure its all tight and race it.

43mod

Ever been between Loreto and BFE w 2 flats and one spare ! That cost us a class win and top six in a NORRA race in a TL . Ugly and fast is just fine. Slow and pretty not so much.

NIKAL

Reinforce the upper shock mounts in the rear while you are in there. Also did you do the steering rack bushing?
Do not reinforce any part of the chassis, if you plan on racing in the Stock clsss. At least until the official Score rules come out.

43mod

Nikal . I see your point. All work done is roll cage and bumper related . EI above the shoulder bar and behind the engine.

jon coleman

got question, bosse's rzr had horrible pre run, lost eng bolt, trans to eng bolts, broke fnt eng mount, but it sprung an eng oil leak right behind clutch shroud, is there a common item to look for?, thax.j

43mod

Look for guy who had a great time beating his machine to death. There are some RZR engine/trans mount reinforcement kits out there. Maybe tape an egg to the throttle ?

jon coleman

eng runs crapy, when eng shifted, broke air plenum box, sucked dirt, he said im just going to take to a " rzr pro" hmmm, sounds pricey....but, im out of the loop.(thank god!)

fastcash

roll cage and rear bumper coming along. Rear of cage a bit wider than factory for more head room. Blue tape is a potential tube,not sure what would be better. Would rather have rear clip a bit too strong than find it tweaked from nerf or roll. Spare(s) could go 2 side or 1 top for now. Fuel cell rule is a killer so far. Stock is 10 g . For the moment I am hearing 2 g over stock. This will not fit under pass seat without creating full custom cell over X months at same cost as 23g tank available to all now. . I am not putting a fuel cell over the header. SCORE tech will figure out something and make it work safely I hope. If we make the 250 may have to run higher class until this gets figured out. Lots more to do.
mod43,
Take a look at the rotor to hub bolts, smallest Iv'e ever seen, we drilled and tapped for larger bolts.
Also, you can fab a bracket to beef up the steering box mount so its not just in single shear mounting.
Hanging tire (tires) off the back really does effect handling and was our first choice until
we drove it, the tire is back in the tub now. This car can really rip with proper shock/ spring package,
32" Tensors/ 5" Methods

We are building 2 XX's to race Norra next month, one car was just not enough work (??!!??).
Speed Werx Stage 2 kit really woke the motor up, and clutch is working well with their recommended
set-up. 8 miles per gallon at speed (HUH?) Where does the fuel go? (lol)

Good luck with your build, I think the basic platform is a great place to start.

Chris

43mod

Thanks for the good feedback. Two for Norra thats cool. Maybe i should come chase ans get first look at how things go.

fastcash

43mod,
We volunteered for the Baja 1000 with Mag 7 to get a feel for things. It was a good move to
learn and give something back. I think that you would pick-up more from the pits than from
chasing, but chasing might be more fun!!! Chasing the Norra 1000 would be a long 8/10 day
adventure, thats for sure.
Your car is looking good pal, keep up the great work.
Chris

Total Loss

mod43,

Also, you can fab a bracket to beef up the steering box mount so its not just in single shear mounting.

Chris
Agree there. Cut off the front skid, drill it out and bolt it through (with additional plating) without the weld nut
and bolt the skid plate back on for access.

43mod

Great input. Of course now you would have to have prior score approval to do this. Hope this changes soon.

Total Loss

Great input. Of course now you would have to have prior score approval to do this. Hope this changes soon.
Stock mount point, just changing the hardware and plating the backside. I think it would fly.

fastcash

Total Loss,
We did not cut the front skid off, just drilled thru it for a 100% bolt-on mount.
Lots of room to work it there(??XFU). I doubt a bolt-on design will bother
anybody's class rules.(I hope).

Total Loss

Total Loss,
We did not cut the front skid off, just drilled thru it for a 100% bolt-on mount.
Lots of room to work it there(??XFU). I doubt a bolt-on design will bother
anybody's class rules.(I hope).
Thought about that- just drill larger holes to get a socket through the skid.