• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pro Stock build thoughts

Total Loss, Mspina
Exactly what we did on the lower mounting bolts, then drill thru blind into the
new steering box mount. Very tight, but very do-able. Robby G will be coming out
with a new mount shortly I'am told.
Some XX's have broken the steering box off the frame and smart people think it might
be because of the single shear mounting. We have fabbed a small bracket that ties
the top of the box into the skid plate using the same 4 bolts.
Cheers, Chris

43mod

little more progress. Doors bars are done but pass side coming back out to make build access easier . Way more elbow ,head and leg room than my old TL truck,really happy about that. Seat mounted strongly and adjustable up/down forward/back as long as you have a 3/4 , 9/16 and ten minutes . Steering wheel moved back into a real drivers position and adjustable up/down/left right. I am thinking of using bolt in spacers on the gas and brake pedal for short legged guys(ME) and remove for tall guys . Would have been more progress but little stinker grandson was too much fun this week. We did replace some axles on a 40 year old Tonka dump truck at his insistence. And if your going to fly a kite it may as well be an Allison driven P51 .

Attachments

little more progress. Doors bars are done but pass side coming back out to make build access easier . Way more elbow ,head and leg room than my old TL truck,really happy about that. Seat mounted strongly and adjustable up/down forward/back as long as you have a 3/4 , 9/16 and ten minutes . Steering wheel moved back into a real drivers position and adjustable up/down/left right. I am thinking of using bolt in spacers on the gas and brake pedal for short legged guys(ME) and remove for tall guys . Would have been more progress but little stinker grandson was too much fun this week. We did replace some axles on a 40 year old Tonka dump truck at his insistence. And if your going to fly a kite it may as well be an Allison driven P51 .
43mod,
Car is looking good pal.
Are you confident that you are within the rules as they are written?
Chris

43mod

Nope. Cage and door bars are good. Maybe overkill but safe. Rear bumper area may be deemed too strong ..... it will have stock rear hoop in place. Just removed for now to make build easier.

y2kbaja

Good build. Hope to see you racing VORRA this year.
Should have a good UTV class.

Total Loss

Love the Kite !

Looks VERY strong...maybe too strong...weight kills these things...and the XX is already in need of Weight Watchers.

Will be interested in the weight figures when you are done.

Love the Kite !

Looks VERY strong...maybe too strong...weight kills these things...and the XX is already in need of Weight Watchers.

Will be interested in the weight figures when you are done.
Well, I can tell you what our Norra XX weighs. Full tank, 2 big guys, and all required race gear, ready
to race, 2840lbs. Thats with the stock cage slightly re-inforced. Shes a porker no doubt, but it is going
to be a good desert car. Our second Norra car is coming in a little lighter after we realized some
better ways to do things.
Chris