• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pro Stock build thoughts

fastcash

Total Loss, Mspina
Exactly what we did on the lower mounting bolts, then drill thru blind into the
new steering box mount. Very tight, but very do-able. Robby G will be coming out
with a new mount shortly I'am told.
Some XX's have broken the steering box off the frame and smart people think it might
be because of the single shear mounting. We have fabbed a small bracket that ties
the top of the box into the skid plate using the same 4 bolts.
Cheers, Chris

43mod

little more progress. Doors bars are done but pass side coming back out to make build access easier . Way more elbow ,head and leg room than my old TL truck,really happy about that. Seat mounted strongly and adjustable up/down forward/back as long as you have a 3/4 , 9/16 and ten minutes . Steering wheel moved back into a real drivers position and adjustable up/down/left right. I am thinking of using bolt in spacers on the gas and brake pedal for short legged guys(ME) and remove for tall guys . Would have been more progress but little stinker grandson was too much fun this week. We did replace some axles on a 40 year old Tonka dump truck at his insistence. And if your going to fly a kite it may as well be an Allison driven P51 .

Attachments

fastcash

little more progress. Doors bars are done but pass side coming back out to make build access easier . Way more elbow ,head and leg room than my old TL truck,really happy about that. Seat mounted strongly and adjustable up/down forward/back as long as you have a 3/4 , 9/16 and ten minutes . Steering wheel moved back into a real drivers position and adjustable up/down/left right. I am thinking of using bolt in spacers on the gas and brake pedal for short legged guys(ME) and remove for tall guys . Would have been more progress but little stinker grandson was too much fun this week. We did replace some axles on a 40 year old Tonka dump truck at his insistence. And if your going to fly a kite it may as well be an Allison driven P51 .
43mod,
Car is looking good pal.
Are you confident that you are within the rules as they are written?
Chris

43mod

Nope. Cage and door bars are good. Maybe overkill but safe. Rear bumper area may be deemed too strong ..... it will have stock rear hoop in place. Just removed for now to make build easier.

y2kbaja

Good build. Hope to see you racing VORRA this year.
Should have a good UTV class.

Total Loss

Love the Kite !

Looks VERY strong...maybe too strong...weight kills these things...and the XX is already in need of Weight Watchers.

Will be interested in the weight figures when you are done.

fastcash

Love the Kite !

Looks VERY strong...maybe too strong...weight kills these things...and the XX is already in need of Weight Watchers.

Will be interested in the weight figures when you are done.
Well, I can tell you what our Norra XX weighs. Full tank, 2 big guys, and all required race gear, ready
to race, 2840lbs. Thats with the stock cage slightly re-inforced. Shes a porker no doubt, but it is going
to be a good desert car. Our second Norra car is coming in a little lighter after we realized some
better ways to do things.
Chris

43mod

Well its been taken off the back burner. Change in direction of build. Now going pro na. Speed long travel and kings on order. CBR rear mount rad w oil cooler showed up today. At least 50 hrs into it sat,sun,monday. Shooting for rumored vorra race nov 2 then baja 1000.
F5BB901F-BA73-421C-B210-94CEF1BC67B0.jpeg
50B2F82F-C7C8-4066-A770-AAE65CA0952D.jpeg

43mod

Cool. I would really like to have another xx racer to trade info with. Good luck.

novaman64

Do the speed 72/77 kits use the same springs as the stock 64 suspension? I was gonna shell out the dough for some stiffer springs but in a year or two was thinking about going wider, o...

fastcash

Do the speed 72/77 kits use the same springs as the stock 64 suspension? I was gonna shell out the dough for some stiffer springs but in a year or two was thinking about going wider, o...
novaman64,
I'm sorry pal I don't know for sure if the stock shock/springs would work. When we were stock width
and had the Shock Therapy revalve/respring their new springs were substantially stiffer and now with
the Kings the springs are bigger again. A phone call to Todd at Speed would answer your question,
they have been very helpful with info for us.

novaman64

novaman64,
I'm sorry pal I don't know for sure if the stock shock/springs would work. When we were stock width
and had the Shock Therapy revalve/respring their new springs were substantially stiffer and now with
the Kings the springs are bigger again. A phone call to Todd at Speed would answer your question,
they have been very helpful with info for us.
You have the old Shock therapy setup still? Wanna sell them?

43mod

Zambo I suppose the answer is I was having fun fabricating and was at the end of the pro stock rule book. Along w a little shot of cash that came in I figured a little faster rig would also be more fun . At this point I am getting excited about the next one to build before this one is done. It took me three TL trucks to be happy w the end result.

43mod

E41DEC6D-442F-4B4D-A5B6-F36469ADCB94.jpeg
46E76A93-8508-42BC-A605-3F640019E64F.jpeg

2 hrs dove hunting w oldest son then 11 on the xx. Driver seat raised 1.5" radiator finalized and mounted. Its getting a top air scoop w screen and air dam on bottom front edge along w an upper fill/ puke tank. Air cleaner down low and very easy to service. Air to be ducted from inside cab behind drivers seat. New jagged s dry sump tank layout done to replace cheesy beer can tank. Really enjoyed talking to this guy and he figured 3-5 days to ship tank w whatever small changes i needed. Tank moving to driver side where all the engine and cooler plumbing actually is. Not much finished for what seemed a pretty full day. New shop is beyond bitchen to work in. Just need more hours and more energy !

novaman64

View attachment 204533View attachment 204534
2 hrs dove hunting w oldest son then 11 on the xx. Driver seat raised 1.5" radiator finalized and mounted. Its getting a top air scoop w screen and air dam on bottom front edge along w an upper fill/ puke tank. Air cleaner down low and very easy to service. Air to be ducted from inside cab behind drivers seat. New jagged s dry sump tank layout done to replace cheesy beer can tank. Really enjoyed talking to this guy and he figured 3-5 days to ship tank w whatever small changes i needed. Tank moving to driver side where all the engine and cooler plumbing actually is. Not much finished for what seemed a pretty full day. New shop is beyond bitchen to work in. Just need more hours and more energy !
New tank hold more oil?