• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pro Stock build thoughts

Zambo

I still am unclear on the norra navigation program. I need to look in to it more. If it is 100 percent gps it would be great to run. If its a navigation test i will pass. I just dont have the people for that. So far w a TL i have a win,2nd and a DNF. Lots of fun for the cost
It’s the easiest nav you can do. Big fat gos file with all the turns and dangers marked as waypoints along the way.

43mod

Wife can not look at a book while riding. She is able to handle gps. I am sure i need to learn more about it. Love the race just dont need the thrill of a puzzle.
my 80 year old dad co drive the b1k start w me. He did great. He never would have been able to read a map book/ scroll. Thank yiu for the input and offers of help. Now i have some time to see what is possible. Lots of race car build to go. Tinwork is a major hurdle. After that is 5 gallons of ORANGE paint ans assembly

fastcash

Engine firewall in place. Few edges to hammer and file. Trans tunnel next and already cut/ bent. Then to funkify some doors on this thing. Back to compromises in the beginning killing me now , oh well its moving forward. If this was 1993 i would just work 20 hr days for a week and be done w it.
43mod,
That firewall area was not much fun for us. Our car is not nearly as nice as yours. Your work indicates to me that
you would have no trouble with the Norra nav. (LOL).
Man up and plan for the Norra. There will be people that show up for that race and have No idea about the nav stuff
and learn all they need to know from the Norra people and friends. You can handle it, I promise, its part of the
whole Norra experience.
Chris

43mod

The thing you dont know is i am likely to pick up the drunk lady in loreto who wants to be a race car driver and stuff her in the pass seat. Lots of fun w gps not so much reading a book. She decided maybe once was enough. Now good friends w them and crash at their house any time we amble by. Baja is a great place !

fastcash

The thing you dont know is i am likely to pick up the drunk lady in loreto who wants to be a race car driver and stuff her in the pass seat. Lots of fun w gps not so much reading a book. She decided maybe once was enough. Now good friends w them and crash at their house any time we amble by. Baja is a great place !
43mod,
I think I have had more than a couple of those co-drivers! Thing is, most of them were smarter than me!

With the Lead Nav telling the co-driver the same thing that they are seeing on the page you pick it up
very quickly, I've heard several people say they trust the Lead Nav app so much that they don't even
look at the book/roll chart. Both bike and car guys.
Chris

43mod

Long day. Dog finally said thats enough. Tomorrow it gets a roof but more importantly some primer. Ready or not the damn thing is getting some paint. Really need to bolt something on w loctite before i go nuts. And yes its getting orange. My 5 year old picked orange fir a new street stick in 1996 and that is the way its going to stay. Fast and ugly is way better than pretty and slow.

Attachments

johndjmix

What’s funny is I saw the orange on this post and I didn’t even have to wonder who’s it was!

Go Russ!

—john

Total Loss

I HATE wires...

Lookin real good 43...👍

jon coleman

wiring tip; get it all in and test car BEFORE cleaning it all up!( zipp ties, adel clamps ect.), nothing worse than chasing elec.gremlin testing new car with buttoned up tight wiring!

43mod

Friday start time for race car 6 am LOL. Finally in shop at 5 pm. Hard to see a ton of progress but there is a bunch of hours in this thing since the last update. It takes me 4 hrs to get an hours work done.
043491E4-D952-47BC-BAC4-B3BEFA14D0EF.jpeg
9BD93CA7-AC7B-476E-A57C-6F10598BF943.jpeg
043491E4-D952-47BC-BAC4-B3BEFA14D0EF.jpeg
9BD93CA7-AC7B-476E-A57C-6F10598BF943.jpeg

43mod

Cockpit coming together. Driver/co dog should be able to touch every control tightly belted in. I cant stand it when you have to squirm around to adjust anything,add brake fluid etc. F318F351-6926-4C39-8A9A-3EE42BCF7451.jpegE24DFE4B-ED03-49AC-B545-8E4C0749FE4C.jpegD627383E-D4B9-40CD-B140-DD2022C7C985.jpeg