• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pro Truck tube wall thickness?

misterktm

I've spent 20 minutes searching the web with no luck. Doing some fab work on my pro-truck (4700) to upgrade the fuel cell to the 60 gallon versus the original 40 gallon. So not any structural work to the chassis - more tank protection/mounting than anything - but I would like to use the same wall thickness that the truck is built with. Someone must know what wall thickenss the 1.5" tube is on these trucks. I don't want to cut into a tube to see what it is...Anyhow know ?

Thanks.

Steve_Sourapas

I've spent 20 minutes searching the web with no luck. Doing some fab work on my pro-truck (4700) to upgrade the fuel cell to the 60 gallon versus the original 40 gallon. So not any structural work to the chassis - more tank protection/mounting than anything - but I would like to use the same wall thickness that the truck is built with. Someone must know what wall thickenss the 1.5" tube is on these trucks. I don't want to cut into a tube to see what it is...Anyhow know ?

Thanks.
Call Craig Stewart at Stewart Raceworks as I bet he knows.

jon coleman

fishdOOd post , jan 19 2010.dosent specifie exact tube placement, just sizes"jan 18 thread was' grandfather Just died, no more 1.5 tube at snore AFTER 2010'

Last edited:

misterktm

Thanks for the replies guys.

To answer the question in case someone else is looking...Pro Trucks have 1.5" X .120 wall in the main cab area, 1.5 X .095 elsewhere.