Pro2 or SST chassis plans?

WestinMX

Reaction
Hey,
I want to build a pro2 or SST truck and have find the specs etc but not how the frame rails/base of the chassis do have to be bended.
How much kpi, skrub and camber is suggested?

Does anyone have some plans or measurments of the chassis and front suspension?

dbq61537

Reaction
First you would want to check the rule book, of the series you intend to participate in. This will give you a basic setup, of what is allowed, as it pertains to the legal mounting points and max track width.

After that...setups are more about personal feel, and whether your for, all out speed, or do you want better handling.

Your going to need a ton of, testing and practice, to find what works for you and...let's be honest...your budget.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

WestinMX

Reaction
Thank you for your answer!
Im not about to race it anyway, that isnt possible in Europe.
I have the rulebook downloaded and i know the wheelsbase, track width etc but i just thought it looks like most of the trucks use the same body and look very similar, there isnt any more unwriten "base measures" about the cage, distance between frame pipes, length of control arms etc?
Were can i find a steering rack? Or are all custom made? Powersteering or not?
I would need someone to respond all my dumb questions.

vegasloki

Reaction
Thank you for your answer!
Im not about to race it anyway, that isnt possible in Europe.
I have the rulebook downloaded and i know the wheelsbase, track width etc but i just thought it looks like most of the trucks use the same body and look very similar, there isnt any more unwriten "base measures" about the cage, distance between frame pipes, length of control arms etc?
Were can i find a steering rack? Or are all custom made? Powersteering or not?
I would need someone to respond all my dumb questions.
All of those dimensions will vary based on who is designing the chassis. You won't find anyone to just give you plans like that for a Pro2. You'll need to determine what radius on the bends you want, spacing, mount points, etc. It's a serious, full race car design process. If you've never built or worked on a tube frame race car this isn't a good project on which to learn.

A better way to start is with something much less complex. There are several online, Badland Buggy is one. shop buggy plans | Product Categories | Badland Buggy .

WestinMX

Reaction
Thank you Curmudgeon !

Okej, so all different torc chassi builders have thier own fiberglass Body?
How about SST, they look really all the same.

As i Said, i Will build this truck for fun, i have put some rollcages in and put together one tube chassis earlier.
I just want to get so close as possible to the "real trucks" .

So im asking again, is there anyone who have a pro2, prolite or a SST that want to share some measures?
Like:
Width of the cockpit/cage
Length from pedals to back off the seat.
Height from "floor to roof"
Length to first bend on apillar from main tube.

Or maybe a good picture of the truck in profile from the side to scale.
Send me a pm if you dont want to share it with the rest of the world

Once again, in just playing around but want to have some measures to start with .

vegasloki

Reaction
Thank you Curmudgeon !

Okej, so all different torc chassi builders have thier own fiberglass Body?
How about SST, they look really all the same.
SST all come from Robby Gordon's shop. He owns all the trucks and leases/rents/gives them out as arrive and drive for the series.

Short course fiberglass bodies and components can be had from guys like this, http://fiberwerx.com/fiberglass/pro-2-4/ . There are others as well.

Bricoop

Reaction
Westin-What is your end objective? That will help us point you in the right direction. What about an SST/Pro-2 chassis is drawing you that way. Building an off-road truck is a massive undertaking for those with experience, without experience, well, I wish you luck. Might be some better alternatives out there than starting from bare steel.

Also, what's your total budget?

PDANK Racing

Reaction
Answers in Blue
Thank you Curmudgeon !

Okej, so all different torc chassi builders have thier own fiberglass Body? There are a few teams that will make custom bodies, but most teams buy from Fiberwerx or Boatec. Very expensive to ship fiberglass.
How about SST, they look really all the same. All SST bodies are all the same, I don't think they are available to the public. But you never know, everything's for sale for the right price.

As i Said, i Will build this truck for fun, i have put some rollcages in and put together one tube chassis earlier.
I just want to get so close as possible to the "real trucks" .

So im asking again, is there anyone who have a pro2, prolite or a SST that want to share some measures?

A lot of these measurement will be dependent on variables that you define. ,
Like:
Width of the cockpit/cage 1 or 2 seats, How wide the seats are, how much room you want around your body
Length from pedals to back off the seat. Depends on your leg length, seat dimensions, pedal setup
Height from "floor to roof" Depends on your height, how far seat is mounted off floor
Length to first bend on apillar from main tube.

Or maybe a good picture of the truck in profile from the side to scale. Check facebook and twitter, a lot of pro teams post pics of their trucks without body panels.
Send me a pm if you dont want to share it with the rest of the world

Once again, in just playing around but want to have some measures to start with .
Personally, I think i would do more of a prerunner based off a stock truck, like a 2wd toyota . This will give you answers to a lot of your questions about measurements since you aren't starting from nothing. Plus I'd assume that you would be able to keep it street legal, which means you'll get a lot more use out of it. Having a windshield, AC, heat, radio and windows is an added bonus. You can still do a custom chassis, and long travel suspension. If your serious about a pro2, look up rosshoek.com, he can send you a chassis kit to get started.

WestinMX

Reaction
Thank you all for the answers !

OK, that make it kind of clear why all SST look all the same.

Im building it the most of personal interest, but for and finenced (spelling) by my company.
Im not going to run a nascar engine and bypass shocks so that will keep some expensive stuff away.

Just a tube chassis looking like a pro2/prolite with a stock 300hp/450nm engine, coilovers in all corners and a quite big eaton axle i have just taking up space.

I have been into prerunners but i dont want to have it street legal because of all restricts that would give.
We can barely put some bigger wheels on here without making the man in blue pissed of.
And also im done building on old rusty cars.

Is there any place in this forum for projects in progress? So you all can find this totally pointless piece of work. ;)

Bricoop

Reaction
Thank you all for the answers !

OK, that make it kind of clear why all SST look all the same.

Im building it the most of personal interest, but for and finenced (spelling) by my company.
Im not going to run a nascar engine and bypass shocks so that will keep some expensive stuff away.

Just a tube chassis looking like a pro2/prolite with a stock 300hp/450nm engine, coilovers in all corners and a quite big eaton axle i have just taking up space.

I have been into prerunners but i dont want to have it street legal because of all restricts that would give.
We can barely put some bigger wheels on here without making the man in blue pissed of.
And also im done building on old rusty cars.

Is there any place in this forum for projects in progress? So you all can find this totally pointless piece of work. ;)
I wish you luck in your adventure. This site has some really good experts that would love to provide you some guidance and follow along as your project progresses. Shop You can go here to ask specific questions.

Do you have a budget of how many hours you want to spend on this (I'd budget in the thousands of hours if you're going from tube to vehicle). It takes the guys that do this year round thousands of hours to finish a truck, while theirs have lots of things yours won't have, they have jigs and lots of experience with the geometries helping speed up the build. If you start a build thread in the site area, I'll be sure to subscribe. If I were you I'd take an existing vehicle and make it badass. Doesn't need to be rusty. If you build a non-street legal prerunner just don't drive it on the street :)

Good luck!!

WestinMX

Reaction
thank you bricoop!

Now i found the "show and tell" section in Shop, i will put up a project there.

I dont have a budget of hours, i like to have something to do and it keeps med motivated.
Ofc it will take time but i have quite much tools and machines to do stuff like this, its only the experience of this type of chassis i miss but i will try to lern.
Thank you for a positive answer.

EDIT:

Here is the thread, subscribe :)
"Pro LITE" 2 seater.

Last edited: