Problem w/ Deavers on a Toyota

Reaction
Ok, I posted awhile back about how to put the 62" Deavers on a 1989 Toyota. As far as relocating the hanger and shackle. Well all is installed on the truck, 62" Deavers, Destroy Shackle and Chaos front spring hangers. The truck sits about 10-12" higher in the rear than stock. It is major Stink bug style in the rear. The front has the TC Uniball kit and teh rear sits 6-8" above that. It looks stupid. My question is this: why did it turn out so damn high in the rear, is there supposed to be 11 springs in my spring pack, and how do I get it to go lower? Any and all help would be great. Thank You.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Take the springs to Deaver and they will DEARCH them for you so it dosent sit so high. They all sit that high with such a long shackle.....

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
your shackle is too long...dearch them...listen to Fish

Reaction
Why does evryone say that the shackle is too long? Isn't that the shackle recommended to run? Isn't that the same setup also used on Dan's yota? Should I move the shackle back on the frame even more?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
At full droop the shackle should be straight up and down. So move it as far back as you can to make it be straight up and down without going negative. The shackle is just a little long but it does work.

Yes we have those same shackles on Dan's truck and the leafs HAVE been DEARCHED. Which is what you need to do. Its not a big deal just take them to Deaver and tell them its sitting way to high and Erik will take care of you!

Reaction
Thank you guys very much for you advice and help. Out of curiosity, Fish, do you still have all the leafs in the pack? Thanks again.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
On my truck yes I do....I think there is like 10 or something like that. On Dan's truck they made a custom race pack that uses less leafs.....

WFODAN

Reaction
Right now my truck is running 7 or 8 leafs . I'm not sure what Erik did to them last time . Just measure how much too high it is and tell him to dearch them that much . he can usually get it pretty close to the exact height you need . One reason why I really like the deaver spring set up on my truck , besides their customer service , is they have never sagged or settled . I pound on them and they stay right where they were set to ride . Good luck man . Give Erik a call .

1992f150

Reaction
what about getting the stadium 62" deavers (supposed to be zero lift), are these just their normal 62" pack dearched, or something else?

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
That shackles aren't too long, like Fish and Dan said you'll just need to have them dearched. Everyone I know that has installed 62", and all had different shackle lengths, needed their springs to be dearched. When we first installed my springs it sat about 4" higher in the back, now I pretty much have the same leaf that Dan has and it works better and rides about 1" lower then the front. I would talk to Erik and tell him you want the Dan Vance special
, just know that it will make the back softer so you'll need to revalve the back shocks. But it will be worth it.

sirhk100

Reaction
Speaking of 62" Deavers, shackles, and new bushings... Austin, we had a deal, my truck is ready and if I remember right I gave you the cash for your leafs what, 5 months ago now!!!!

Mintychip

Reaction
We just took the 4 smallest leaves out of our deaver pack and now the truck sits level and hasn't sagged a bit with constant abuse.

drtdevil93

Reaction
but your warranty is now void, and if i see you i will kill you.

the toyotas are completely funky when it comes to a big spring. the spring is supposed to go with a fuel cell, and 2 spares. even when this is followed, there are discrepancies that just make me scratch my head. all i can say is if you put our spring in and it is wrong, BRING IT TO US SO WE CAN MAKE IT RIGHT. it isnt fair to bash a company's product before they had a chance to make it work. (im not saying that you did this, but many others do.)

the pack dan and jason have is a different setup i came up with for a lighter truck. it works great, as long as there is plenty of shock to support it (the rate is real light). this might be the setup you need, or a simple dearch might be the way to go. what kind of weight do you have in the back? fuel cell? spares? tools? full bed or fiberglass?.

erik

1992f150

Reaction
what does deaver offer for toys besides the 62" pack? Anything that doesn't require moving the mounting points around? I can deal with making a longer shackle...this is just for a mild truck that will keep the bed intact and not get beat really, just want something better than the stock springs.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
For Tacomas they offer a direct bolt in pack that gives about 2" lift and you can get about 15" of travel out of them. They work really good, not like a 62" pack but the people that have them like them a lot.

drtdevil93

Reaction
we now have a neat little setup we are trying for that. you take the stock spring, remove the overload, and bolt this 3 leaf setup in. gives about 2.5" of lift. im not sure about the amount of travel, probably 12, maybe 13" at most, but it will be nice and progressive, work really nice.

erik

Reaction
I was in no way trying to bash the company. I was just wondering if I did something wrong or not, and if others had had this problem and what their fix was for it. I apologize if I may have come off that way. Most likely I will bring the spring pack in and have it de-arched. As far as the weight back there, all I have is the stock tank relocated to the rear, a single spare and about 150 lbs of #11 rebar welded together. There is no bed. But an additional spare and 32 gallon fuel cell are in the future plans.

Eric_M

Reaction
is that 3 leaf contraption going to be made for the pre-tacoma toyotas? if so, i may very well be interested.

motoxscott

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
and about 150 lbs of #11 rebar welded together

[/ QUOTE ]
Rebar has no business being on a prerunner, not even for added weight.

Junior

Reaction
I took it as a joke. Now I am wondering.