• Forum membership has its advantages....

Programmable Tube Bender

DBMETALWORX

I'm thinking of getting a programmable bender.. Been looking at Baileigh RDB 250 and JD2 Model 54.. Has anyone used the Model 54? It's 1/2 the price of the Baileigh, and bends larger tubing, but looks to be slower.. The Baileigh tools I have are great, and worth what I've spent on them. Model 54 looks to be about $8000 less with comparable options, and dies. How about programming and operating each? Any other brands comparable in capacity and price? Any input is appreciated.

Robin Hood

I'm thinking of getting a programmable bender.. Been looking at Baileigh RDB 250 and JD2 Model 54.. Has anyone used the Model 54? It's 1/2 the price of the Baileigh, and bends larger tubing, but looks to be slower.. The Baileigh tools I have are great, and worth what I've spent on them. Model 54 looks to be about $8000 less with comparable options, and dies. How about programming and operating each? Any other brands comparable in capacity and price? Any input is appreciated.
I recently bought the 54 and just finished my first cage. It is a great bender, simple and easy to use. Depending on the size tubing you are bending they have a smaller ram that moves quicker and bends in half the time. I considered this option but they recommended the 3" for what I wanted to do. The speed is plenty quick enough for me. The savings in time comes from the ease of loading material and the precise bend to the preset degrees. It was very easy to set up and calibrate the die and make repeatable bends. This is a solid piece of equipment!

I considered buying the 32 but for the extra $1,000 I think the 54 is the way to go. I am very happy with the purchase.

DBMETALWORX

Thanks for the input.

DBMETALWORX

I recently bought the 54 and just finished my first cage. It is a great bender, simple and easy to use. Depending on the size tubing you are bending they have a smaller ram that moves quicker and bends in half the time. I considered this option but they recommended the 3" for what I wanted to do. The speed is plenty quick enough for me. The savings in time comes from the ease of loading material and the precise bend to the preset degrees. It was very easy to set up and calibrate the die and make repeatable bends. This is a solid piece of equipment!

I considered buying the 32 but for the extra $1,000 I think the 54 is the way to go. I am very happy with the purchase.
well after getting sidetracked.. im back to the bender.. lol.. I have decided on the model 54.. have you had any issues with yours Robin Hood?