Project TT

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Finally getting back to functional. Had the covaids for the past 2 weeks. Then Sunday, Gabie's father went down, smacked his head, and was hospitalized.... when it rains it pours. Did that solar and changed a 4L80 in one of the fleet vans but hardly anything else got done. Back up to speed and working on the TT now.

Titan made me an oil pump for the 8.1 as the angle is different than the 454. So if you build an 8.1, be sure to tell Shaun. He can get you situated. That's installed now and it's time to weld up the pan. Now you might ask why not dry sump and the answer is that I am testing some thermal principles. My Ecoboost has a very similar Dry Sump setup and this could essentially be converted to do the same. For now we will run it in a wet sump configuration; Keeping the oil low COG and the heat in the engine where I think it should be for efficiency. Remember, efficiency is my goal. 1000lb/ft as efficient as possible with petrol, under race conditions.

Advertising supports this site

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Dry sump makes a tad more power due to keeping the crank from spinning in oil and the vacuum in the case. Since the engine is turbo, the same effect is achieved although the oil level must be set properly. This also helps to pull down the rings for scavenging. I won't even notice the difference with this setup. Also, there won't be another tank and all the other components to worry about. That's another big reason for going this route. And to keep the oil down low in the chassis.

The RPM fluctuations won't matter. The oil is already at the sump.

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Where's the concrete guys? Can someone point me in the right direction for pigment and release agent to replicate my existing concrete?

I believe this to be the pattern...

And this is my current...

20210416_065413.jpg

Here are the pigments...

baja jerry

RDC Crypto
Where's the concrete guys? Can someone point me in the right direction for pigment and release agent to replicate my existing concrete?

I believe this to be the pattern...

And this is my current...

View attachment 246164

Here are the pigments...

The stamp looks like "old granite". The color looks like san diego buff concrete with a walnut release but hard to be certain without seeing it in person. Here's a Pic of the "old granite" stamp.

Attachments

• 20180224_151905.jpg
    20180224_151905.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20150611_150605.jpg
    20150611_150605.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Argentino

RDC Crypto
I'll be honest, things are slow going around here. I have a ton on my plate right now.

But...

Today has been a great day! I got all the lumber for the pool shipped to my door for over $15K less than what I was told yesterday, "Was their final price".

Backyard3.jpg

Yesterday, the lumber company told me $65K for only 1000sq/ft of plank decking (wouldn't have even covered the run down the long wall) and 1000ft of 20x20 IPE decking tiles that wouldn't complete the areas under the pergolas.

I said, "Listen I will pay 50K and call it good."

They said, "NO! This is our final price!"

(When someone tells me FINAL PRICE, it's game time. Time for a school session!)

I follow with, "No problem. If you change your mind, give me a call."

This morning, I send an email to the lumber yard that says, "Here is my order (picture of cart), if you can meet this price, TAKE MY MONEY TODAY!"

1 hour later, the salesman from yesterday calls and says, "This never happens but the owner called me and told me to give you the deal you wanted."

I said, "Give me 30 minutes and I will arrange payment."

Then, I called Amex and said, "I need you guys to ride a 50k lumber purchase."

They said, "No problem, Sean."

So from yesterday at 65K, to this morning at 50K.... we saved 15K on the spot AND will get huge rewards from AMEX for simply making a purchase I was going to make anyhow.

And that is 'the art of the deal'!

But it gets better. The points you get for linking your AMEX to Amazon initiates a whirlwind of savings! Gabie just got 2 free iRobots for the house just because that is linked to Amazon and the points convert.

Other than the Amex Platinum, there is a Chase Sapphire card that earns major rewards! Check them out. You can save big on groceries and the things that are inflated at the moment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll update on the Forged Wheels soon. Covaids threw me off schedule.

btshannon

RDC Crypto
I'll be honest, things are slow going around here. I have a ton on my plate right now.

But...

Today has been a great day! I got all the lumber for the pool shipped to my door for over $15K less than what I was told yesterday, "Was their final price".

View attachment 246387

Yesterday, the lumber company told me $65K for only 1000sq/ft of plank decking (wouldn't have even covered the run down the long wall) and 1000ft of 20x20 IPE decking tiles that wouldn't complete the areas under the pergolas.

This morning, I send an email to the lumber yard that says, "Here is my order (picture of cart), if you can meet this price, TAKE MY MONEY TODAY!"

1 hour later, the salesman from yesterday calls and says, "This never happens but the owner called me and told me to give you the deal you wanted."

So from yesterday at 65K, to this morning at 50K.... we saved 15K on the spot AND will get huge rewards from AMEX for simply making a purchase I was going to make anyhow.

But it gets better. The points you get for linking your AMEX to Amazon initiates a whirlwind of savings! Gabie just got 2 free iRobots for the house just because that is linked to Amazon and the points convert.

Other than the Amex Platinum, there is a Chase Sapphire card that earns major rewards! Check them out. You can save big on groceries and the things that are inflated at the moment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would totally let the robots battle for household supremacy.

Last edited:

SICK BAJA

RDC Crypto

But...

View attachment 246387

I have a Amex Platinum, how did you link it to Amazon? Call Amex, Is there a Amazon rewards to link to card? Thanks

Argentino

RDC Crypto

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Since the decking is coming for the pool and I will be done with the backyard soon, it's time to start thinking about the new shop/casita next to the house. I'm planning to dig a 12' basement under the entire thing. To build it, I was going to tear out my septic and leach field and connect to the country sewer but I'm shooting for sustainable development and self sufficiency, so I am going to build a biogas system instead. It will ingest all of the waste from our home as well as the waste from our pets and livestock.

The gas is then scrubbed and compressed, stored in a tank, and then can be used as CNG would normally.

This beats trenching all the way out to the street and tapping the line. I was going to bring back the gas line, but there is no reason. For a few thousand dollars I will substitute the tanks shown here for food grade stainless and place them in the underground with an above ground macerator to feed as needed. The wastewater can be fed to the greenhouse and the sludge can be used as fertilizer.

Natural gas is methane; The same gas we will be harvesting.

Sustainable Development.jpg

Argentino

RDC Crypto
It's not a stab at the government. I simply don't care what that outfit is doing. My goals are not to be off grid but to be on my own grid; Supplying the energy needed for what we consume; Gas, Electric, Hydronics, HVAC, Solar, Wind, etc...

Calculated, educated, decisions for sustainability and we're really just getting started. My neighbor just put 12kW on his roof, the other neighbor is going to do his roof with, I think he said 10kW, and I just did 7.5kW and am adding a wind turbine so with my battery bank I should be good to go.

I've talked to them about putting solar on our well and making the area a battery bank so we all can share power and sell it to the other neighbor at a discounted rate until they get a system. All of that runs back to the normal transformer, so I will buy that from the power company or get my own and kick the service back out to the county road.

This is what the future looks like. Otherwise you will be carbon taxed to the hilt for everything you consume and your social credit score will probably take a hit.

Spent some time changing all the light bulbs around here and the saving was immediately apparent. We had incandescent 100w bulbs everywhere! I changed them all with 8w LEDs. Just the heat difference alone makes the house easier too cool. It was noticeable instantly and so I sealed up all the doors with new weather stripping to make sure we maximized the effort.

Other plan in the pipeline is to convert my diesel trucks and petrol cars to run on CNG/BioGas.

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Been slowly plugging away at things around here.

My helper walked off the job last week because he was too lazy to get paid to learn. Had my HVAC team over to teach him how to do a few standard procedures and when I went to check on him, he was standing with the AC between him and them. This means for an hour, he saw nothing. Made my skin crawl so I laid into him; Said, "Are you too poor that you can't be paid to learn?!" Must have hit the magic switch because he walked off. It's for the better. Going to give his work truck to one of the guys in the field. F- it.

Went back on a full meat only diet. Feeling great again. But I have a long way to go. Got the meat sweats while I type this. Been eating raw bone marrow daily. Gabie said she's having family over for the 4th, so I went and got a pig head to make Head Cheese and a few full cuts of Picanha to hone in my skills on the grill.

Spent the day getting the pool ready and have a few other things to do for her event so my work is on the back burner. Now that my helper is gone, I'm getting more done than with him around but not on the truck so that's the big issue. Tit for tat.

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Remember all the pussies who virtue signaled for the bioweapon shot and told you to comply to fake mandates and laws? Yeah me too!

As I wave my flag this year, I'll do so with my head high because we all know the truth about who is who now. Who's qualified to be a leader and who is qualified to carry their wife's purse...

This year, I honor the good men and women who have been fighting for Freedom no matter what the news or their social circles tried to convince them of.

Happy 4th of July!

1656796712900.png