Project TT

Argentino

RDC Crypto
At the SS300 Thatcher told me he hadn't wheeled in a while so we're heading up to Caliente to try and out run Joe David in the buggy. It's also Kenny's Birthday so buy him a shot at the Knotty Pine after the race. *I'm not responsible for any inappropriate activities that may or may not include Dorito's and donkeys.

Advertising supports this site

Argentino

RDC Crypto
I paid a guy from SCORE to come out and inspect all my race cars and chassis. He tagged both my buggies. That cost $750 I think.

The tag he put on the chassis is a lifetime thing, right? It goes with the chassis....

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Just got back from testing the buggy. Konold co-drove me. We did laps at my test track at Apex. It's a 6 mile course and we were knocking off laps in just over 5 minutes, averaging around 65mph per lap. 100+ through all the whoops. Just under race pace.

Turned the boost down and put the 35's on. It's much smoother for the chassis this way. The car dances like it should. Hops right up on the whoops no matter what.

Going to test again tomorrow with Kenny.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
Come on we need videos.

I hear Apex got closed to the public?

And pretty sure the SCORE chassis inspection tag is only valid for one year. At least when I asked at SF250 they said mine was done last SF250 so it was good for that race but not the next. So we have to get ours inspected again if we want to race another SCORE race.

Mike

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
videos or there was no dancing😬( i hated testing to a degree,its always' jeep ran killer testing, why in the race i got little gremlins popping up'??

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Come on we need videos.

I hear Apex got closed to the public?

And pretty sure the SCORE chassis inspection tag is only valid for one year. At least when I asked at SF250 they said mine was done last SF250 so it was good for that race but not the next. So we have to get ours inspected again if we want to race another SCORE race.

Mike
I don't think Apex will ever close to the public since I'm pretty sure there's an active movement for it to be a designated off-road park.

$750 per year to tag a chassis is one more reason we need a racer association.

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Looks like it handles great so far!
It does. Really good. Reminds me of a dirt bike the way it will pop the front end and hop up on top.

That little burnout is all the way into 4th gear and under 5K rpm. It has mad torque to play with, Even at low boost.

Redline is 7500

We're heading out this afternoon again. Will get you some better footage.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
750?, thats a cash cow scam, if it was me i would just make it an even 1000& charge an extra 2-300 bucks extra on entry fees as a ' chassis inspector beer fund fee', ps , get some in car engine noise & action video😍

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
Someone from Vegas told me that a off-road vehicle hit one of the semis that was owned by the private company that owns the roads out there. The off-road vehicle sued the owner of the semi truck company so that company said fine and stopped allowing vehicles to use the access road.

I think he was talking about the road that we use to get it the qualifying area. Not sure about the rest of the area.

Yes I think the annual fee for SCORE chassis inspection is pretty high. But I think that’s what pays the tech guys salary for the year. If they do 350 vehicles per year at $350 each that’s $122k annually. And that does nothing for competitive inspection, just safety.

Mike

Tube ride

RDC Crypto
I just spent Saturday out there at the dunes and Sunday up in the spring mountains crawling around , one thing that is apparent is every spot you can get a van or RV there are people living out there , and every spot is getting trashed by them . Desert dumping van life refugees everywhere.

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
The issue may only me for using Apex for qualifying. And again it’s the road that goes out to the qualifying lot.

Mike

Argentino

RDC Crypto
Other than the steering wheel popping off in my hands going through the whoops, today went well. First thing Kenny said was, "This is too much power!".
...Gonna turn it down more.

He did hit the whoops pegged in 5th and it was on the gate (max boost) too, so the speed is there. I sent Brandon with him to feel him out since he's been going with me in that particular buggy as well so he knows what it does; He came back and said that we both handle the car very similar and setup for things similar as well which is great. Kenny took my calls perfect also. Feeling good about this.

For record, I dumped 8 of 11 gallons after the last session which means that after roughly 40 miles, the car used that much fuel which reads as 5mpg. With 60 mile laps and at race speed I don't know exactly what we will get so I will dump a can the first lap through and see what it takes and go from there so we can get an exact read on if we need to fuel each lap or every other.

Got some footage to mash up for you guys, coming soon.