Props to Mark Newhan

PeterT

I want to give a thumbs up to Mark Newhan. He did most of the fabrication on Wayne Lugo's 1450 truck. At our second race with it the wishbone failed. The wishbone had been modified from Mark's original design. He offered to fix it and we got the truck back together and raced it at this weekend's MDR Ridgecrest 200. The truck worked flawlessly and in spite of one flat tire, we won overall with 4 and a half minutes to spare. Mark, thank you for your help and an excellent fabrication job.

I would also like to express appreciation to Brad Giggy who has been maintaining the truck in his garage. He had his first experience this weekend in the passenger seat and I am sure it was a wild ride. Good job Brad on an excellent prep job!

PT

randy s

cogratulations to all. if i were younger, i's have to say mark roolz. but i'm not so i'll just say that mark is sick......is that right? jeez. anyway ,nice work everyone.

SKISPEED

doesnt Lugo race Trophy Truck?

E&S Racing

F.A.I.T.H.
doesnt Lugo race Trophy Truck?
Yeah but he has a 1450 Truck that his kids are getting to drive, right??? It was in another post before

PeterT

Yes, Wayne owns a TT, but recently completed construction of a 1400 truck. The idea is to give his kids something to learn/race in. He has 8 kids and the oldest (twin daughters) are just to the age of learning to drive. But Wayne was obviously having plenty of fun himself in it this weekend!

PT

Mark Newhan

Thanks Peter. Wayne called me this morning and told me. Building the truck is only part of the equasion.

Raceworks does excellant prep and finish work, Wayne has a lot of driving experience and he has an excellant group of guys that show their passion for off road racing, it shows in the TT championship effort.

Peter, don't be shy... you built the engine! Good job all the way around!!!

Dezertpilot

Ever since I saw the old Silver truck from DP1 and the Red single cab Chevy that was in dp3 (I think) I knew he was the man...glad to see a happy customer.

PeterT

The truck is a 95 or 96 F-150 chassis standard cab. It has been back-halfed by Mark Newhan. It has an I-beam front with 3" King coilovers and bypasses. It has about 30" of rear travel using old trailing arms from Wayne's Trophy truck and a wishbone. The rear end is also an old one out of the TT from Desert Dynamics, running a 5.57 gear.

Other stats:
37" BFG Projects
Turbo 400 trans (Colhane)
383 ci Small Block Chevy, carburated
Carb built by JMS in Arcadia
Lowrance GPS
About 58 gallons of fuel capacity

Attachments

1fastbean

Rookie
I don't want to side track this thread but here is my Props to Mark Newhan:

Another awesome metal of master piece.