• Forum membership has its advantages....

protruck

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
no body is going tp guam why because they went back on what they promise the teams and continue to screw them to make money for them selves not make the class grow. lets start a new class under score rules, not iron hairs

RacerX

Protruck should give out jars of vasoline with every entry. They screw every team over with there series. You would think they would have fixed some of the design flaus after the first season with them, but Ivan is to busy trying to keep his hair from falling over "Iron Hair Stewert"

Mark_Miller

I think Ivan is trying his hardest to make this concept of a spec racer work. The trucks work just fine. Since everyone is in the same vehicle any shortfall in design is shared by all and that goes to further the concept of making it a class where the driver is more important. As far as guam goes.... i think no one wants to go to guam because it's guam.

frankh

From what I heard it is the fact that they may not get there trucks back for a points race (Vegas to Reno I think) so none of the big boys want to go so it is falling apart.

Protruck1

It is a pretty sad state of affairs when experts on Protrucks (and hair do's) such as bubbasboys and racerX feel the need to bash Protruck and Ivan when they obviously dont have any correct information. We have never "screwed" anyone knowingly. We work hard everyday to make more and better race opportunities for our teams and to keep the cost of the Protrucks down. Also, just for the record, (frankh) there is 31 days before the next race to prep the trucks after Guam. We have given up our sanctioning fee, after a budget cut for Guam to make sure the guys get $24,000 prize money for 8 trucks, $1000 travel money, 3 airline tickets, rooms in a five-star hotel, and national TV coverage. But they do have to race two 20 minute races. I dont think that is screwing anyone over. What other off-road racing organization is doing that for their teams? Ivan thought the Protruck teams would want to be a part of this awesome event. Also, RacerX, please call me, i'd love to hear your ideas on changes that are better not only for the trucks, but for the participants , that are cost effective and that wont effect any other parts or handling on the trucks. I am upset that you think your being "screwed" so please call me and meet with me in person to discuss this matter. Also, a detailed list of our broken promises would be appreciated!
Linda Stewart (619) 390-6252

Damn. Straight from the owners mouth.. Well Linda welcome to the board. Now is your guys chance to have questions answered if you indeed have a problem with protrucks. We at RDC love the protrucks and would like to own a couple someday... So we have no questions for Linda.

frankh

Protruck1

I did not make it up. One of your teams in top three points said that. Then he said it was the only reason he is not going. I have talked to two other people that are going and they do not care if they miss the race. And by the way how long do you think it will take the truck on their boat ride. I did not bash protruck I just told what I heard from some of the teams. Also just on a side note when NASCAR runs in Japan it take 30+ day to get their cars back. That is why they run their spare cars there

Again I am not bashing Protruck.

Junior

Protrucks Rock! There is a reason Protrucks are always started after Trophy Trucks and Unlimited cars. The reason is that the only desert racing vehicles faster than Protrucks are those without limits and budgets to match. The Protruck design has been proven, race after race.

Calling Ivan names is disrespectfull, and reflects a lack of maturity.

Junior
EJR Racing #244

poolman

protruck1 Fill out your Bio.We want your opinion to "mean somethingl"Thats why we have the 2.0

poolman

DougM

Ivan Stewart has done MORE for the off road racing community then any other racer out there.
The only other one I can think that has put there heart and soul into off road as much as Ivan is Rod Hall.

Ivan probably gives up every weekend he has to promote racing etc. Sure he makes money at it. We should all be so lucky. Im sure theres more to the Pro Truck series that most of us"spectators " dont know about. The teams that run in that class are all highly competitive and true racers. If there were design flaws in the vehicle, I highly doubt that Ivan would let it go unnoticed. Nothing is perfect but the Protrucks are quite trick vehicles and they promote the vehicle manufacturers quite well.

Give Ivan a break, hes doing what we all would love to do that is, living, eating & breathing off road racing.

Jimmy8

You know, I dont want to start an argument or anything, but unlimited cars are not the only thing faster than protrucks. In BITD the class 8's consistently finish ahead of the protrucks and are a lot more affordable. Dont get me wrong, I think protrucks are awesome, and I think that it is a great class. some of the drivers are really good as well, and I think that Ivan has done wonders for the sport, but the results speak for themselves. The class 8's also start in front of the protrucks. Just a little info everyone should know.

pjc

Chairman
Jimmy8,

The only Class 8's that finish ahead of Protrucks in BITD on a regular basis are Kyle Taylor's and Westhem's. Both are very exceptional drivers and both trucks are much more expensive than Protrucks to build and to maintain.

Example: The price of a race ready 8 motor is 2x that of a Protruck motor.

PJCinLV
http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

Donahoe

Pat, You hit the nail on the head. A class 8 truck 9 times out of 10 is much more then a pro-truck to run and maintain. If you guys ever question the heart and dedication of Linda or Ivan Just call them. Both of them are great people and very approchable. Ivan always has time for me when I call and I dont even own a protruck. Ivan, Linda, Craig, And Brian are all Class acts. And personally I Give Ivan Lots of props for staying in this sport when Toyota is backing out and promoting off-road racing and Protruck.He dosnt need to do this nor is he making a killing on selling protrucks... DO the numbers folks!!! Ivan is in this for OFF-ROAD RACING and the Love of the sport. We need heros folks and they dont get any Bigger then the Ironman. Bash him all you want but I am going to continue to support him in whatever he does Becuse bottom line He is the BIGGEST contributor to out sport via the media. Respect him. He earned it.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Clifford

I agree with the responses. How many of you have seen the video game Robby Gordon Off-Road? How many of you have bought the die-cast model made by Autoart of the Herbst Truggy? The icon of off-road is widely recognized by the media. I remember playing Ivan's video game at the liquor store years ago thinking I could be just as good as he was. For all the quarters I spent on that game, I could never beat the Ironman. The future of this sport lies in the next generation. Hot Wheels has made a 1/64 model of Ivan's former TT. I have one on my desk at work and the other at home still in the box. Autoart has produced Ivan's TT from the mid '90's and the most recent truck in 1/18 scale. This is the easiest way for us to promote our sport. A $0.99 race truck has now caught the interest of tomorrow's hero’s.

pjc

Chairman
Clifford,

Do you have contact info for Autoart? Perhaps, a website. I am instrested in the earlier version of Ivan's truck.

Thanks

PJCinLV
http://www.off-road.com</A>
Hated by Eco-Freaks and Bob Yen.

Gabe Lara

Pat,
There are a few places in LA I have seen them. Let me know if you can't find one, and I'll hunt one down for you here.

EQuin

Steve,

Sorry this is off-topic, but do you know if anyone sells a plastic model of the Ivan TT that you assemble and paint yourself? You know, the kind that you glue the parts together with plastic cement and paint the whole thing? I've seen the already assembled Ivan TT model at the Toy dealerships, but I'm looking for the kind that you assemble and paint yourself. Any info appreciated.

By the way, I bought one of those little, 1:64 scale, die-cast Hot Wheels version, Ivan TT at Toys R Us. Except it came in a set along with a Hummer. It cost about $20 for that set, expensive compared to the regular .99 cent Hot Wheels cars, but as a fan I didn't mind paying that much for it.

Also, anyone know why Toyota backed out of off-road racing and whether they plan on returning?

Thanks to Louis, he has sent me the link to both of Ivans trucks...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.collectmodelcars.com/AA/aa_racecars>http://www.collectmodelcars.com/AA/aa_racecars</A>.