protruck

MikeLeung

Reaction
You guys and gals keep talking about this Hot Wheels Trophy Truck. What is it and where can you pick them up at. I already have the Ivan Stewart truck, if thats what you talking about.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
It looks like Robby Gordon truck that post has now painted in a valvoline type scheme. I have like 30 of them so I will take a pic and post it..

DougM

Reaction
Heres a link to the cars-
There called Xtreme - Wheels and there bigger then a hotwheel. 1/64 scale and there is a Hummer that comes with it.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/6/6309/54324.jpg>http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/6/6309/54324.jpg</A>

EQuin

Reaction
Hey Doug,

That's the exact same Ivan TT I have that I was talking about. I found that set at Toys R Us in Dallas for about $20. I don't know how much they sell on e-bay, though.

Ed

gary

Reaction
i got a couple for ya-here's one-it's a hot wheels, with a different paint scheme than the regular toyota tt...

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
I dig that one gary, I like how the body comes off and exposes the cage and interior, It came in two colors and was super hard to find..

gary

Reaction
here's one more-it's the same hot wheels ivan tt/hummer set , but instead of the hummer, i found a cool custom painted version of the ford from above, kinda like herbst's old tt, but with a little BUD sponsorship thrown in....

dave

Reaction
Gary that make 2 of us where did u hook up with that set? i also want to say thanks for the kind words
about the models i make. :) how many of u guys have Robby Gordon hot wheels cars?

EQuin

Reaction
Hey Dave,

Your models are awesome. I realize it took you alot of time to make them and was wondering if you could share some of your tricks. It looks like the prerunner bumpers and cage can be made using the trees that the plastic parts are snapped off of. Is that what how you made them? Did you combine parts from different model kits and carve parts out of plastic or wood?

I've been looking for a model kit for the Ivan TT, but so far have not had any luck. I know the Toy dealerships and hobby shops sell the fully assembled model, but for me most of the fun is assembling and painting the kits yourself.

Thanks for any additional info, and take care,

Ed

dave

Reaction
hi Ed . i to have been waiting for a model like that to show up at the hobby store, but i'm still waiting.
when i first started making models all i ever made was off-road models and yes i did use the trees to make them back then .but know i have found some new stuff. it is tube and the plastic is the same stuff they make the models out of. the stuff is very hard to find, i do alot if driving to find it and when i do i buy most of it. most of the stuff i use is hand made. i will use what ever it takes to get the detail i'm looking for. it is nice to see so many people out there that is into this kind of stuff i thought i was alone.

EQuin

Reaction
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the great info and response. What is "tube"? Is it some kind of liquid plastic that hardens into plastic? I understand what you're saying about it being hard to get. Would you mind telling me the name of the store(s) that you get it at? Don't worry, I'm in Dallas, and I'm sure I'm too far away from those stores to buy up any of your supplies - lol. Also, where do you get the wheels and tire combos from? A specialized hobby shop?

I must say, your models are really awesome, very professional looking. I've always loved glueing and painting the kits, but my talents are still not honed enough to hide the glue stains and paint runs - lol. Like you, I have not found any off-road model kits. The closest kits I've found are the rally race car kits made by Tamiya and sold at the hobby shops, but I'm sure you've seen your share of those when you go to the shops.

Keep up the excellent work on those models and take care,

Ed

EQuin

Reaction
With respect to that buggy you made:

In true Wayne's World style, all I can say is "We're not worthy, we're not worthy...." That is some great work.

Take care,

Ed

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by EQuin on 07/31/01 03:53 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

gary

Reaction
the ivan toyota is from a hot wheels set with a plain jane looking red hummer. i think it's called xtreme trucks, look higher in this post for it...i found the red "almost herbst" truck at a local collector shop, here in buena park. it's called prestige hobbies, on beach blvd, just south of ball rd. the bud ford was a custom painted one, and not cheap, but i thought it'd look way cool next to the ivan truck. hummer out, ford in. kinda cool, because the case they're in has a desert scene in it...

dave

Reaction
THANKS GARY FOR THE INFO . THAT TRUCK IS BAD *** I TO HAVE THE OTHER FORD THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT ONE JUST HAS THE OTHER PAINT JOB. BUT I LIKE THE BUD ONE!!!