protruck

DougM

Reaction
IS that Toyota Tundar(the Red one) a one-off diecast or? It appears to be the same scale as the Hotwheels Xtrme truck? Who makes it?
It appears to be painted very similar to Ivans personal Tundra ProTruck that he brings to display at shows..

Ive seen it a few times at Stewarts Raceworks.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.protruck.com/ivantoybor.jpg>http://www.protruck.com/ivantoybor.jpg</A>

gary

Reaction
it's also a hot wheels, just a different paint job. it came by itself for like $10-i got it as an xmas present from a friend-i went to look for more, and prestige only had one more, which i didn't buy(?), and i haven't seen one there since. i don't go every day, maybe once or twice a month, but i haven't seen any more. it says above the door:DRIVER TIM J MARTIN. i don't think it's meant to have any ivan/protruck ties.

PatrickG

Reaction
I was able to find two of the old orange TT hot wheels at wallmart the other night. John was that one of the two colors you were talking about.
Patrick

dave

Reaction
yes the two trucks are the same . the paint jobs are the only thing that is different. the bodies should come off both of them. ( ivans as well as the red tundra ).

DougM

Reaction
I just picked up a older paint style( yellow/red/white) Ivan Hotwheel from Ebay-
The Tundra is there as well.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=baja+truck>http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=baja+truck</A>

gary

Reaction
dammit, that old color scheme is sweet. now i gotta go find that somewhere. i didn't even know it existed....anyone up for a trip to prestige hobbies this afternoon????

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Went to WalMart tonight to look for the Tundra. I did not find it but I did find something called Ford f-150 Baja Truck. It kind of looks like the simons ford painted Rough Rider colors. It is 4 linked with a coilover front and rear... Pretty cool Here is a really bad pic. But you can see the rear and stuff. I have to charge my camera and will take another one so you can see the paint scheme

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
I am so on my way to Wal*Mart!

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

evan_clanin

Reaction
why dont u just start a model room on rdc....?..wow what a clever ideal

Jimmy8

Reaction
Maybe not just a model room, maybe the video game room can be combined with the models and just call it the toy room. Models, video games, dia cast, hot wheels, board games, ect. it all goes in the room. i think that would be the best bet, so there would not be so many different rooms. It is kind of funny to look at how the pro truck post started out a month ago and what it has turned into. 70 posts later it is completely different. i think that is some kind of RDC record.

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
That seems to happen a lot...it would be cool if we could add to a thread name to include all the subjects it ends up being.

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
a little FYI :

You can sort threads by 'views' and 'replies' by clicking on the word 'views' or 'replies' on top. that will sort by most views or most replies.
It turns out that this thread is number 2 (after my post right now) in replies and something like number ten or so in views.

The 'you know its disco...' thread was very popular back then.

To get back to the default view click on 'date'

Clifford

Reaction
Don't even bother with checking the local Wal-Mart for Ivan's old TT. I've been to the Wal-Mart in Glendora, Cerritos, Lakewood, Westminister, and Anaheim with no luck. Other than my Autoart models, I've found all of my RG and Ivan stuff on ebay. About a week ago I saw a rear fender from RG's Duracell truck that he ran in the '99 BITD race. Prestige Hobbies is also a good place to check out. Happy Hunting and see you all in Lucerne on August 25th.

gary

Reaction
i've got that one too, but in last year's paint/sticker scheme---white and orange. also, in the same series, there's a pretty cool buggy and a vw baja. all three are on a table in my front room, and everybody who sees them asks why i have toys on my tables......they don't get it.....

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Gary that is why I have a 2 year old, people see the cars and ask, you bought your daughter trucks, I just smile. :)

dave

Reaction
Hi everyone! Just want to keep u all updated on the models . This is a new model kit that will be out in to a store near u soon. It is put out by Revell. It looks like a lot of fun. We all hope they will get the idea
about making a real off-road kit. Thanks

EQuin

Reaction
Hey Dave,

It's still not coming up. Do you have a website that shows a pic of it? Is it an off-road racing model kit? Take care,

Ed