Protrucks @ La Paz

Harpo

Reaction
The Protrucks will be racing in La Paz this weekend. Some teams and most trucks left Saturday. Most everybody will fly out Wednesday or Thursday. Should be alot of fun. Were are taking both trucks. They are also putting on a Pit Crew Challenge,
so the RJR crew will be there ready to defend their title. This is the latest entry list:

Rick D. Johnson
Rob Rinertson
Rick L. Johnson
Tom Koch
Brian Stewart
Dan Hunt
Jeff Dickerson
Jimmy Knuckles
Al Hogan

Do we have any favorites???

R_TAYLOR

Reaction
all the protruck teams are stuck around Mulege due to roads being washed out. Should be interesting to see if they can make it through. 3 of us are supposed to fly out of TJ manana but last iheard the airport in la paz was closed. any help with road info would be appreciated. go Dickerson # 1223

martininsocal

Reaction
Last I saw, the Tropical Storm was still causing havoc down south. It is suppose to bring some moisture to Socal this weekend. Unfortunately, Mexico doesn't have MEXTRANS so the roads will probably take a while for use unless you drive down in a Class 8! I would guess teh airport in La Paz will up and running pretty soon, tourism is important.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
I'm voting for Rick L. or Dickerson!

Best of luck and be safe to all the teams making the trip. It sounds like the weather is not cooperating at this point, with both the Cabo and La Paz airports closed. Let's hope that changes and the teams can get down there safely and have a great event.

Below is the new hero card we just designed and printed for Agave Motorsports to debut at the La Paz event. Thanks again Rick & Brenda!

JEFF_DICKERSON

Reaction
All of the teams are stopped between Santa Rosalia and Loreto. Rick L. drove to Loreto today to get supplies but had a hard time in a 4x4 Ford. When I talked to him on the sat phone he said "No Way" with a trailer. The road was washed out in spots 50' wide with running water still running off into the ocean. Four of our guys leave in the mourning, I hope the trucks get there so that there is a race.

Harpo

Reaction
Heres the latest!!!
The teams that left Saturday morning made it to Laredo today after a long day of helping each other get accross the washed out roads.
Only about 175 miles to go. We still have plans to fly out tomorrow.

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
<font color="red"> AHA! Thats the race, Matt Carter came into my work to get his tie rods worked on and he was talking about this race, but I had no idea what it was, or where, no one else seemed to know either! How long is this race?</font color>

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Cant wait to see pictures and stories from the travel to and from the event

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
I think the race now is going to be just to get there..... Hope all make it safely.

jaferri

Reaction
I worked on Matt Carter's truck all last week puting on all new fender mounts and helped re-do the firewall etc. I treid to call his cell but no answer. He said they are going to try to race in Estero beach after La Paz as well.

Attachments

• 67889-mattstruck1.jpg
    67889-mattstruck1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 209

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Just got this.. From Rick L. Johnsons wife.

John,
Just talked to my husband and they are just pulling into town. I'm
leaving for the airport just thought I would let you know.

Brenda Johnson

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Right On! Great to hear we might have a race after all.

Thanks for the info Juan B.

jaferri

Reaction
I called and talked to Tim and Matt and they just arrived this afternoon around 5:30pm. They left at 4:30 am on tues morning. They said that the road had about 20 different sections that were out.

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Re: Protrucks @ La Paz Results?

Hey Phil (Bolca Grande II),

Pardon my total ignorance. I'm a moto-head. I've seen your name pop up everywhere on this board and your profile and your stat's appear everywhere. But you've never been there, done that, in desert racing like the rest of us relate in our experiences. Are you still racing, if so, where? Can we meet you? Or are you a closet Ivan?

Regards,
Seve

p.s. I prefer Baja.

Bolca_Grande_II

Reaction

Seve
You are not ignorant my friend, In fact you are very insightful. I am similar to you in the opposite, I know nothing about the Moto Head crowd other than the big names that have crossed over into my venue as a race car driver. I have been involved with off road racing for over twenty years and I am surprised you have never seen me at the races. Currently do to the lack of sponsorship money I am out of a job just like Ivan and Larry. I occasionally fill some seat time as charity when one of my friends neads a little help. If you would like to know more about me please check out the who are you post page number 13.

Bolca Grande II

Baja_Seve

Reaction

After reading your Pg 13 bio, that's what prompted my post. I tried to PM you, but you have that turned off. Don't take it wrong, just trying to figure out the post! No problema, if you're at B1K, we can hook up.

Cheers,
Seve