PS II games question

JCA

Reaction
Is there anyway to copy the games? Can I just make a copy using my CDRW? My son is only 6 and he and his friends tend to be a little ruff with the disks. I only give him copies of games for the pc to use and I keep the original put up, I would like to do the same with these games. Thanks

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
PS2 games are a DVD type format and disk. Connot be copied on a CDRW drive. I don't know about the new DVDRW drives though.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
They can be burned somehow, but you need a chip installed on the PS2 to read the burned disks. I have seen bootleg games for as little as $10, but I am not sure on teh price of the chip or mod you need to do to the game console itself.

Kris
"I was thinking the exact same thing about you..."

YZFster

Reaction
Go to Nero.com. My friend burns pc games all the time.....even a couple a ps2 games....If u have roxio easy cd creator, u must uninstall that first..they dont work together..

Go Big or stay there.

mxjeremy

Reaction
Not all of the PS2 games are DVD, look on the back of the box to see if it says DVD or CD. You will need a mod chip most likely, or really badass burning software & media so that you can copy a disc bit for bit. I don't know why this is so hard to find, because it cannot be that hard to make. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd play around with Direct X and write some CDRW drivers to do this myself. I know with at least Microsoft games, you cannot copy them because they write a code-key on a part of the CD that is already zeroed out on your CDR discs. Sony may do the same thing.

And if you have a DVD burner, then we need to talk. There are some movies I want to copy from Blockbuster.
late.