PS2 Disk Read Error

Junior

Wanted to let you guys know that my PS2 would not read the disk about 95% of the time. I have had it over one year. Called Sony and they gave me instructions on how to ship it to CA for repairs. It was repaired and returned in about 3 weeks. NO CHARGE!

NORCALf150

was it under a service plan from where you bought it? cause mine does the same thing but its not under warranty and its about a year old?

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ya mine does that same thing now and mine is about 2 years old....got it the day it hit stores....

NORCALf150

i was told its a problem with the drivers my ? was if they fixed it for him for free?

bajaboy

Fish,

There was actually a "glitch" with the first production of PS2's , If you call up Sony they are usually willing to help, Whats $200 bucks to them ? The stores will just give you some BS about receipts, when you purchased it , etc.

Eric "Bajaboy"

blazersracing

I have the same problem and mine was bought in December 2001. Called SONY and they said the same thing, send it to Irvine, CA and they fix it for free. I have no warranty on it anymore but they said its a problem that Sony will fix for no charge. All I pay is shipping. Sounds like a deal to me..

fox_mccloud2000

The problem is that the lazer on your PS2 is shot and you need a new one. that is all. You might be able to buy one or have it replased. Sony is doing this to solve the problem.

-matt-

blazersracing

I dont know the number off-hand, but it is in the back of the PS2 instruction book. It took me about 5-7 minutes on the phone to get all the info needed to send it away. Good Luck.

Junior

Dude, I had it well over a year. Not under any warranty that I know of. Spoke to Sony at the number listed. I did mention "disk read error" but I don't know if that was the key word. I described my problem which was that the machine would not do anything when any type of game or dvd disk was inserted. Nothing, no error messages or anything. They sent me an e-mail to print and include with the unit when shipped. It clearly stated no charge. I got the unit back and it works! Follows is the number that I called.

Sony 1-800-345-7669

This number was provided by Toys R Us.

NORCALf150

just an update i just got my ps2 back from sony and they fixed it no prob took about 2 weeks but they fixed it for free, they also mentioned that ciggerate smoke is really harmfull to them. anyways if anyone has the same problem i suggest you call the number listed above.