ps2 drivers?

NORCALf150

Reaction
got a serious problem with my ps2 i get the famous...... disc read error.....now ive ran a cleaner through it, and it works, it plays music and everything, soon as i put a disc in does the same thing, i put a brand new game in and it does the same thing...anybody have this problem? or any suggestions? think the driver could have failed?

the faster i go the smother it is

CanyonMan

Reaction
I don't know about drivers but I can't stand the fact that DVDs don't play sound worth a crap. I gotta crank up the volume to the point of distortion to hear a movie.

Lyrch

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
are you hooked up directly to your stereo? or do you have a dig-analog coupler?

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>

CanyonMan

Reaction
I have hooked up directly to the RCA jacks on the front of my HDTV. I have heard that you can buy a specific tuner or speakers for the PS2 that solves the problem. Not really sure though.

Lyrch

gary

Reaction
i thought that was just my tv...i have to crank the volume way high to get sound...(rca'ed into the tv.) fry's has a bunch of speaker systems to plug into the ps2...seems like it'd be easier to just have a surround sound/home theater system instead, but i dunno...they're similar to desktop pc speaker systems. priced from $30-$200. i spent about an hour there last week looking at 'em. couldn't decide, so i went home empty handed.

michael_loomis

Reaction
im knocking on wood ..... but my ps2 works great , awesome gaming , perfect video and great sound. i did upgrade to the fiber optic digital output however .

redline

Reaction
my neighbor had the same problem with his old ps2. worked great up untill a couple of months ago when he got some brand new games and it couldnt load them. they loaded on mine but not his. the gameshop told him it would cost almost as much to replace the driver as it would be to buy a new one,

NORCALf150

Reaction
i was told the same thing, too bad it was given to me as a gift and came with no service plan...so i guess im gonna wait till the new one comes out

"death must be easy cause life is hard"

gary

Reaction
went back to fry's, bought a 5 speaker system that plugs into the audio RCA's. turns out its not a true surround sound, as fine print in the box says it must be hooked up to a desktop pc with a surround sound enabled sound card. BUT...wow, does it sound good! 4 satellites and a little sub, and it's awesome. only $39.95. i was able to hook it up through the tv also, so now i can run 7 speakers at once...obscenely loud, but it makes for some fun....