• Forum membership has its advantages....

Pulled Bedsides

Jordan

I have a 2000 Toyota PreRunner and I am thinking of
pulling out the rear bedsides. How is this done? Is this
safe? What do you all think?

Thanks,

Jordan

<font color=red>"The more we play the more we pay"</font color=red>

Klaus

Administrator
Jordan,

This was the subject a couple of days ago..at least the how-to part.

look at: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=shop&Number=601&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&part=>http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=shop&Number=601&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&part=</A>

Jordan

Yeah, I read that but I wanted to know if anyone had done this
on a newer Toyota.

Thanks!

<font color=red>"The more we play the more we pay"</font color=red>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Doing a Toyota is different from a Ford or Chevy but I'm not to sure by how much. Every Toyota that I have seen done looked terrible but they also looked like "garage fab" too. Call up Camburg and ask them what they do with them. That should get you a good idea what your in for. And on such a new truck you might want to consider letting them do the work for you just to make sure it comes out clean.

Shaun

rdc

Jordan I noticed when I pulled the bedsides on my Chevy the bedside warped a little around the tail-lights. A guy at a body shop saw it and told me that he helped his buddy do it on a new Tacoma and this happened way worse when they got the bedside pushed out pretty far on his truck. So I can tell you not to go to far at least, and maybe try going slow or reinforce that area from the back if possible. Hope it helps. I would definetly talk to someone who's done it first Donahoe/Camburg?

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Might want to consider moving the gas filler place??? Or getting an extention? I dont know how far out you want to go but that would be an item of concern....Also....the fender supports will have to be redone. Might as well get glass!!! (I've looked into it)....Hey--I thought you were sellin your truck anyway? Why do all these mods if your just gonna sell it? You wont get the money out of it that you put into it unless your lucky!

rdc

Jordan,
Call me up man if your gonna keep your truck lets do bedsides i already did your front glass lets do the full package now. pulling bedsides on a yota is a big mistake unless you like big ass creases in you body and i know you like your [censored] nice.
JIM @ IMZZ INDUSTRIES 714-216-2503

rdc

Yeah I think if your going to put the time into pulling the bedsides you should just go with glass.
It looks smoother and it won't *&(( the bed

Attachments