On Topic Purchasing a 6.0 married to a 4L90

DezerBlingMoto

Needing a little help ., I have the opportunity to buy a 6.0L with a street tune an with upgrades to match the tune. My only question is why can't I find much on the trans (4L90) I have googled comparisons etc etc. Is a 4L90 a good trans to use out in the desert ? I always hear the 4L80 is the most common one out there. The motor is freshly rebuilt an pulled from a 08. Chevy Truck , owner doesn't know much about it. It's a smoking deal but. It sure if I need another anchor in my garage lol , till I can get around to slapping it in my yoga.

Thanks for any direction .

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert mobile app

Chris Tobin

Why was the engine in an 08 Chevy Truck "freshly rebuilt"??? I'd be concerned about that along with the tune and upgraded parts... what parts are necessary or vital for a "street tune"???

Sounds a little fishy to me...

Sorry, I don't know the differences between the 4L90 and the 4L80... the little Google searching I did mentioned 4L80, the revised 4L85 and the 6L90 so I'm not sure a 4L90 even exists...

DezerBlingMoto

So it's a 6L90 , the guy seems like a pretty honest guy . Got a little more intel on why he did a refresh he said " i wanted to start fresh for my grandpas truck" as he was putting it on a 62' . Sorry about the confusion , I'm learning as I go . Just looking for a little knowledge kicked down to a rookie.

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert