Putting DANA 50 TTB under 95 Bronco

96YodaT1

Reaction
I wanted to put 3/4 ton drivetrain axles under my Bronco. I was going to throw a 10.25" rear end in the rear and was very interested in DANA 50 ttb gear up front. But I was wondering if they are anywider stronger or anymore of a benefit? :cool:

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
The beams are actually shorter than the D44 beams. What are you trying to accomplish?

96YodaT1

Reaction
Im just trying to be different with 8 lug HD stuff under it. Also I keep going through rear ends like no other, about one every 7-8 months. i have the 8.8. For the front I just plain and simply wanted more meat and to be different

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
Im just trying to be different with 8 lug HD stuff under it. Also I keep going through rear ends like no other, about one every 7-8 months. i have the 8.8. For the front I just plain and simply wanted more meat and to be different
The D50 TTB is not very travel friendly. Many upgrades can be done to the D44 though. I would think it would take more work to modify a D50 to be suitable than to fix the weak points on a D44.

How much HP do you have? Tire size?

Brokenbronco

Reaction
The D50 TTB is not very travel friendly. Many upgrades can be done to the D44 though. I would think it would take more work to modify a D50 to be suitable than to fix the weak points on a D44.

How much HP do you have? Tire size?
X2!

Why not beef up the 44, and slap a 9" in the rear?

96YodaT1

Reaction
im new to the 4x4 ttb stuff. what could i do to the front end? Also, its kinda off topic but i heard someone talking about putting f150 leaf springs in the rear end. what is that about?

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
im new to the 4x4 ttb stuff. what could i do to the front end? Also, its kinda off topic but i heard someone talking about putting f150 leaf springs in the rear end. what is that about?
A lot, the beams can be plated, a D50 center joint can be used if needed, aftermarket axles, fabricated knuckles, Chevy D44 8 lug outers (not really any stronger), Uniballs instead of bushings, and more.

Why though? I've never really gotten a D44 to break on all the Broncos I've thrashed. The only breakage was caused by parts being worn out (lack of maintenance).

Reaction
The only real weakness is the u-joints in the D44, and then it is really the axles that the u-joints break out of. We used to Tig Weld in the u-joint caps to the axle which helped. After market axles and high $ soild u-joints would help.

Having 1350 u-joints all the way around in the D50 TTB is an advantage I chose to use. Bigger shouts and wheel bearings is another, along with the wider BJ spread.

96YodaT1

Reaction
A lot, the beams can be plated, a D50 center joint can be used if needed, aftermarket axles, fabricated knuckles, Chevy D44 8 lug outers (not really any stronger), Uniballs instead of bushings, and more.

Why though? I've never really gotten a D44 to break on all the Broncos I've thrashed. The only breakage was caused by parts being worn out (lack of maintenance).
how do u put the chevy 8 lug stuff on the d44 beams?

F1shifty

Reaction
ive gone through the same things you have, after bending my 8.8 i took it to a shop and they took a 10.25 and had custom axles made so i could still use my wheels, havent had a problem since. and as far as the beams, jeremy at weldtec(not sure if hes still around) cut n turned mine, got rid of the drop brackets, good wheel travel but you might want to get custom axles shafts made ive broken like 4. ive been told that the 50's actually are more unequal then the 44's. so the offset side to side wouldnt work. stick with the 44's. if your really looking to get travel check out autofab 6" over beams. theyre nice. the 44's though, ive twisted them from the torque on the beams and i have a stock 5.0. no problems since the plating though

Polarcub

Reaction
I agree with everyone regarding the D50, while not an expert on it it creates more issues and more work for little benefit over the D44 TTB.
Out of curiosity what are you tearing up on the rear end every 7-8 months. WHile the 9" and the 10.25 are stronger for sure I still have the 8.8 and while one tube is bent slightly,it it should get you longer life than 7-8 months.

Jeremy