quad racing

peezy

Reaction
what do you guys use on the race quads

twist throttle vs thumb throttle?

Also i hear it you use a twist throttle you may lose control a bit more?

Hayward Racing

Reaction
I use a thumb throttle... It sucks!

AZLP8

Reaction
had twist, first time out with it i lost control & wiped out...now back to thumb

Hayward Racing

Reaction
When I 1st started riding quads I used a twist then bought my own which came with thumb. Thumb'n is easier but twisting is less tiring!

peezy

Reaction
:Dyeah, it is hard to use the thumb for very long rides. i think i will just stay with the thumb. =)

Hayward Racing

Reaction
:Dyeah, it is hard to use the thumb for very long rides. i think i will just stay with the thumb. =)

So what up dude you riding a quad or a CR230?

peezy

Reaction
both, i am still new to a dirt bike so i am not going to race or anything with it this season
(is there two s or one?) intill i feel safe, and good on it. so intill then i will be trying to race a quad after this summer. and doing a transfer haha

trentk

Reaction
twist for me, will never go back to a thumb. it only took one ride to get used to it.

RUFF_RYDER

Reaction
I asked this not to long ago, put a twist on and love it.

First day i wont lie i was very sketchy on slower sections and some berms. But the next ride was so natural feeling, whoops feel ten times better and its just a better and more aggressive feel.

twist all the way!

Dezertpilot

Reaction

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
I don't race yet, but i've been trying to do practice every other week. Anyhow, i picked up the "terry cable dual gasser", an ingenius little setup that gives me thumb and twist with the pull of a pin.

JMO, twist sucks. I can understand the idea of using it for desert racing where you might not make a tight corner.

D Bergstrom

Reaction
Twist all the way, from wide open to technical, never had a problem. I only use the 1/4 turn also, half turn is to hard to go from closed to fully open with out regriping. If I had to ride with a thumb throttle, I would stop riding!

Doug

shooei

Reaction
It'll take some time to get used to it but if you're gonna race for hours in the desert than I think twist is the way to go.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
I have the Terry dual gasser and love it.I can use whichever I like.Just have to be sure to let off of the twist before you start using the thumb.