***QuadRacer stranded in Vegas*** HELP

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
Eric Pealstrom is stuck at a Vegas hotel and needs to get to Tonopah. The transmission went out on his truck last night so his has missed his race today.

Is there anyone in the Vegas area that would be willing to drive him to Tonopah. He'll pay the gas.

Kim 760-475-0409

Last edited:

racinteach

Reaction
I have a friend running a truck that broke early, Ill put a call out...

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
I have a friend running a truck that broke early, Ill put a call out...
Thanks Robert. Plus Eric is a Rover so us dawgs must stick together.

racinteach

Reaction
Nothing yet..Kim..I guess they are still out on course..

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
MMMkkkk

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
Whew....found a ride for Eric. Thanks Don aka Kawisaki guy.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Whew....found a ride for Eric. Thanks Don aka Kawisaki guy.
Kim, I just saw this post!!! Eric was with our team and after we went through sign up and tech we headed out to Beatty. Eric and Juan were in Erics F250 heading up 95 and I was with Jason Wade helping to get Craig Christy`s Funmover going again. It was down!!! Fuel pick up issue and it got fixed ..... We got a call from Eric saying he was having transmission troubles with his truck and he was heading back into Vegas to Ford Dealership. We were to pick up the spares and parts from his truck and continue to Beatty and he would see what he could do about his truck. (part of our chase team) My brother was already in Beatty at the hotel. We caravanned up the hill with Team Christy and made it to Beatty, quite late.... We had to re-do our pits and rider exchanges since we are now down a chase crew and rider. Jason and I split the riding duties on day 1 and pulled off a 2nd place. We found out that Erics truck was not usable and he was stuck in Vegas now. We couldnt send a crew to get him, they were exhausted from chasing us all day and it just wasnt safe to make the trek from Tonopah to Vegas and back. Sadly, we were going to have plan day 2 w/o We went to dinner with Chris and Patty Blais that night in Tonopah, Eric sent me a text that he found a ride!!!! He was on his way to Tonopah. We had another chase crew coming in from Reno later that night so Eric and Juan could hook up with them. I later found out that somebody posted our plight on a message board, not sure which one.....A guy named Don brought our crew, Eric and Juan from Vegas to Tonopah!!!! I cannot tell you how very appreciative I am for this unbelievable gesture..... All I can say is desert racers ROCK!!! I dont know any other sport where this would happen. Thanks Kim, Racinteach and Don.....You guys made it happen for us and we ended up taking 2nd place. RDC rocks...... I am really at a loss for words. We do not know Don and he does not know us and for him to give up his valuable time to help out a stranger is about as cool as it gets. Thats why desert racing is such an attractive sport to many. Thank you so very much. I hope we can return the favor some day, some how...From Marc Choquette (me) and Jason Wade.....

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
Hey Marc,

It was my pleasure to help out. I posted info on Eric's situation not only on RDC but also on the District 37 message board. It was funny, I called Eric's cell phone and he answered in kind of a down in the mouth sounding way. I said, 'HEY - YOU STILL NEED A RIDE TO TONAPAH? He's like YEA! I told him to get ready, I had a ride ready and they were on their way to the hotel to pick them up. The relief in his voice made it all worth it! Thankfully we made it work and Eric and Juan got to where they needed to be and you all did great.

I figured between the 2 boards someone would come through and they did. That's why I also love desert racing. We are a special breed and always willing to help.

Kim, I just saw this post!!! Eric was with our team and after we went through sign up and tech we headed out to Beatty. Eric and Juan were in Erics F250 heading up 95 and I was with Jason Wade helping to get Craig Christy`s Funmover going again. It was down!!! Fuel pick up issue and it got fixed ..... We got a call from Eric saying he was having transmission troubles with his truck and he was heading back into Vegas to Ford Dealership. We were to pick up the spares and parts from his truck and continue to Beatty and he would see what he could do about his truck. (part of our chase team) My brother was already in Beatty at the hotel. We caravanned up the hill with Team Christy and made it to Beatty, quite late.... We had to re-do our pits and rider exchanges since we are now down a chase crew and rider. Jason and I split the riding duties on day 1 and pulled off a 2nd place. We found out that Erics truck was not usable and he was stuck in Vegas now. We couldnt send a crew to get him, they were exhausted from chasing us all day and it just wasnt safe to make the trek from Tonopah to Vegas and back. Sadly, we were going to have plan day 2 w/o We went to dinner with Chris and Patty Blais that night in Tonopah, Eric sent me a text that he found a ride!!!! He was on his way to Tonopah. We had another chase crew coming in from Reno later that night so Eric and Juan could hook up with them. I later found out that somebody posted our plight on a message board, not sure which one.....A guy named Don brought our crew, Eric and Juan from Vegas to Tonopah!!!! I cannot tell you how very appreciative I am for this unbelievable gesture..... All I can say is desert racers ROCK!!! I dont know any other sport where this would happen. Thanks Kim, Racinteach and Don.....You guys made it happen for us and we ended up taking 2nd place. RDC rocks...... I am really at a loss for words. We do not know Don and he does not know us and for him to give up his valuable time to help out a stranger is about as cool as it gets. Thats why desert racing is such an attractive sport to many. Thank you so very much. I hope we can return the favor some day, some how...From Marc Choquette (me) and Jason Wade.....

Chase 2

Reaction
Dezert racers ROCK!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Dezert racers ROCK!
I still cant get over this.....Don went WAAAAYYYY out of his way for a stranger......I dont know how we can express to Don how much this meant to our team....And Eric.....