Qualifying

racer951

Reaction
I have always advocated for qualifying and DRIVE has proven that you can do it in CA. With an afternoon race in Lucerne, a qualifying session for class 9 or all cars is definitely doable, even if it has to be done a mile or two from main and away from the pits.

Let's use our strength in numbers to lobby Jim to see if its do-able. 3-4 miles is all we need.

doug969

Reaction
I have always advocated for qualifying and DRIVE has proven that you can do it in CA. With an afternoon race in Lucerne, a qualifying session for class 9 or all cars is definitely doable, even if it has to be done a mile or two from main and away from the pits.

Let's use our strength in numbers to lobby Jim to see if its do-able. 3-4 miles is all we need.

Your crazy Cory the car will get dirty...... dont you care about the shine on the bling????

Mohr

Reaction
Soooo...if you WANT a rear start, just sand-bag????LOL!

Johnson954

Reaction
Can we qualify for the "last" rear start???? Does anyone know if we are going to be starting 5 wide this year?

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Can we qualify for the "last" rear start???? Does anyone know if we are going to be starting 5 wide this year?

No word like about a 5 wide so far. I didnt care for it last year.

Qaulifying: It is a little more time in a race car and thats fun but I am ok without it. My luck I would break during it amd miss my "Big Race"

ACME

Reaction
Why: 1) Qualify for a 400 mile race, a 150 -200 mile sprint race I can see but a 400 miler? 2) Why put more miles on the cars when there is 400 miles ahead of you? Wait I changed my mind! I think everyone should run a 5 mile sprint qualifier except those who already requested a rear start, I volunter to lay out the course :)...

racer951

Reaction
I don't think breaking is a valid point. If you break on a 3 mile course you're going to break 3 miles into the race. And you'd have time to fix the car.

I do think Jeff's other point is valid about the length and subsequent need for qualifying. I agree, just don't think Jim will ever do it unless there's a collective group that is vocal.

brake4nobody

Reaction
I don't think breaking is a valid point. If you break on a 3 mile course you're going to break 3 miles into the race. And you'd have time to fix the car.

I do think Jeff's other point is valid about the length and subsequent need for qualifying. I agree, just don't think Jim will ever do it unless there's a collective group that is vocal.

that is a very good point!

ACME

Reaction
So you're going to "Qualify" on a 3 mile (or whatever)course at the same pace/speed you'd race a 400 mile race at? What's the point? Isn't the goal of qualifying to do it flat out in order to secure a spot as close to the front as possible; and if you do so you're running the risk of hurting the car before a 400 miler? It just doesn't add up to me but then I'm not the prettiest hooker in the brothel ;)... FYI my $'s are on FFFfffffffffrancisssssssss for qualifying, I'll bet his black stallion can stay together for the whole qualifying session!

Last edited:

200MPHTape

Reaction
Ok, I have not yet raced 9, but Qualifying? I can understand short course, but desert racing you are already eating dust of the rest of the field if you are the first start! As long as I have been involved with desert racing, 9 cars are THE IRON MAN/WOMAN of racing.... Even if you were going 5 wide at the start, and were the last car in that group, the car behind you has time on you and you must continue your pace and let them by.