Question about a Prerunner

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Way back in the early days of the 2nd incarnation of the SCORE Laughlin races, with the 13-17 mile loops, I believe there was an OBD Ford F150 Supercab prerunner that I think was one of the first linked street legal prerunners built. I remember watching that thing take the Laughlin Leap many times during contingency day prerunning the course. I think it was the Fabtech's factory truck,and it was white and blue. Anyway, I think it was just about the first 'Trophy Truck' prerunner built with street licensing back then. Anyone remember it and/or what happened to it? I remember being in awe of that thing every time it went into the air and the rear end drooped out about 3 feet.

Josh 8

Reaction
Good question.

There are so many trucks like that from the 90’s that have faded away. I wonder about the yellow Ford extra cab named big bird. What happen the that one. It was iconic too.

There are a lot of them that just faded away.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
Good question.

There are so many trucks like that from the 90’s that have faded away. I wonder about the yellow Ford extra cab named big bird. What happen the that one. It was iconic too.

There are a lot of them that just faded away.
I saw that one back in 2015 at one of the Dezert People premiers in Costa Mesa. What a beauty that Big Bird is!!

RSwenson

Reaction
Fuzzy Memory,,,,,Puzzle pieces,,,

Dane Cardone's Big Bird and Gary Turner's Fab Tech F150 were built by Larry Plank (??) at roughly the same time??
Do I remember that Gabe Lara was involved somewhere?

More 90's F150 thoughts,
Dave Sites,
Oprah and a sister truck (Jason Zindroski owned one of them?)
Question marks on all.
Really liked the look of those trucks.

redrdr67

Reaction
Definitely exciting times. So many incredible prerunners. Others that came to mind, Simon brothers F150, Jim Smith's Bronco, Herbst's Silverado's.