Question about something that will not sell on RDC classifieds

Scooterinvegas

Reaction
Is the economy really that bad?? Im asking what some of you think. For months, I have listed a pair of new Fox by-pass shocks here on RDC, craigslist, and Ebay, and no one is buying. The price is defiantly right ($900 for the pair), so I dont think that is the problem. Has anyone else noticed its a LOT harder to sell things on the net? I thinking about just hanging them on the wall over my desk and using them as "decorations".... :mad:

Prerunin554

Reaction
Yup, many more people are squirling their money lately. Try putting it pirate4x4 also, its free right?

Reaction
I'm being ruthless at garage sales: "I'll give you a buck for it." In this case, $2. Don't want the $2, keep the shocks, but at least I'm buying. It's tuff out there. :(

toyobeater

Reaction
Ditto, ive been trying to sell a 4000 quad for 2000 and the only hits i get are from nigerians who want me to ship my "item" acroos the world for them. There are some sweet deals out there for those with cash

philofab

Powered by Optima
Reaction
There are three prices for an item... one that says you own it, one that sells eventually, and one that sells today. Unfortunately, the last one right now is very low for anything! To many people giving things away to save their houses and cars because they are not making money like they used to.

The thing you have to ask yourself is:

Would $600 today help me more in the long run than $1200 a year from now?

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Something funny that happened to me a few weeks ago. I posted something on craigslist for $375 obo and got literally 7 emails in 2 days inquiring about it. Nothing came of it so I thought for sure if I lowered my asking price they would be gone in a heartbeat, a week later after my ad expired I posted them for $325 obo and replied to emails "just make me an offer and they're yours" but only got 2 emails asking about my ad.

People are just holding on to their money, they're finally being smart and buying the things they need and not the things they want

FUMMER

Reaction
Same here, I am now entering the make me a offer stage. Lots of e-mails and trade offers but no "step ups". For what it is I think it is a good deal. It is a oddity though! One day of classifield put it like 4 pages back, 3-4 days it was burried.

lowdownndirty

Reaction
Same here, I am now entering the make me a offer stage. Lots of e-mails and trade offers but no "step ups". For what it is I think it is a good deal. It is a oddity though! One day of classifield put it like 4 pages back, 3-4 days it was burried.

texas graigslist that. think storm chaser.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Is the economy really that bad?? Im asking what some of you think. For months, I have listed a pair of new Fox by-pass shocks here on RDC, craigslist, and Ebay, and no one is buying. The price is defiantly right ($900 for the pair), so I dont think that is the problem. Has anyone else noticed its a LOT harder to sell things on the net? I thinking about just hanging them on the wall over my desk and using them as "decorations".... :mad:

Diameter? Stroke? # Tubes?

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
they were 14" 2.5" 3 tube, if they had been 12" stroke i would have been on them in a new york minute...