Question for Mag 7 about moto "splash" pits at NORRA

rustyb

Last year someone from Mag 7 was on here so I thought I'd ask on the forum. Last year (I only made it halfway through day 3) at several of the splash pits I was told that I was only supposed to be given a gallon or 2., though they did end up filling my tank. I would not have made it with only a small amount (my quad sucks gas and has about a 75 mile range, even with an over 5 gallon tank). I'm concerned about this being a problem again this year (by the way, my friends on an XR600 had the same problem). Is there any way I can arrange getting my tank filled every time? Looking at the preliminary maps I can see several places where this will be a problem again.

rustyb

Yes, surprisingly helpful! Dave got back to me an hour after I emailed him and set my mind at ease. Great crew!!

Zambo

Yes, Mag7 is a bunch of great guys. I’m just a little disappointed that it’s $500 to sign up for their fuel service this year. Last year it was free unless I’m mistaken. It would still be a good deal if I needed multiple pits every day but I only need 2 pits for the whole race. That’s $250 per pitstop plus the price of fuel.

luvbaja2

I have been asking and was told it would "probably be the same as last year" It was free as I remember. On a bike this year #67 and will need gas as well in certain spots. Where are you seeing $500?

luvbaja2

I just looked at their website an see only pits for cars and utv's. Bike pits will be different in some locations. I will try to contact them directly again to see what they have to say.

MasTacos

I also recommend hitting us up via the Facebook page since multiple eyeballs are on it every day.

rustyb

I have been asking and was told it would "probably be the same as last year" It was free as I remember. On a bike this year #67 and will need gas as well in certain spots. Where are you seeing $500?
No charge for motos, don't need to sign up, comes with entry. (Was this way last year and just confirmed with Dave @ Mag 7.)

Rory

Crayola Killer
Little miffed at the added "Surprise" expense. Mag7 does a great job, no argument there, I was also under the impression it was added into the price of the entry fee (like the past couple years). just sucks when they throw another $500 at you that you weren't expecting at the last minute. Oh well, either way we are still racing the happiest race on earth, just with less beer money..... :(

CHINOLAS

Little miffed at the added "Surprise" expense. Mag7 does a great job, no argument there, I was also under the impression it was added into the price of the entry fee (like the past couple years). just sucks when they throw another $500 at you that you weren't expecting at the last minute. Oh well, either way we are still racing the happiest race on earth, just with less beer money..... :(
Rory NORRA is paying Mag 7 the same amount of money as last year for the Pit Services, Motos are no problem according to them because it is easy to haul fuel for them, what happened last year is that cars took advantage of that and somehow ordered 84 drums of fuel in total for them to haul and serve which they did, problem now is transportation permits, since a lot of that fuel is high octane, with the new federal government in, rules changed due to new laws to avoid drug traffic airplanes to be refueled, only a few companies have the proper permits to transport fuel and it increased the cost to Mag 7 in general and obviously that cost gets transferred to racers.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Rory NORRA is paying Mag 7 the same amount of money as last year for the Pit Services, Motos are no problem according to them because it is easy to haul fuel for them, what happened last year is that cars took advantage of that and somehow ordered 84 drums of fuel in total for them to haul and serve which they did, problem now is transportation permits, since a lot of that fuel is high octane, with the new federal government in, rules changed due to new laws to avoid drug traffic airplanes to be refueled, only a few companies have the proper permits to transport fuel and it increased the cost to Mag 7 in general and obviously that cost gets transferred to racers.

Eliseo, That explains it very well and thank you for clarifying. I guess my point is we are 20 days out and I just found out about it a day or so ago. A little more of a heads up would have been nice but I do understand we are talking about Mexico and rules can change very quickly. We’ll see you down there buddy. Retro Racing #110 Chenowth 1000 Buggy.