Question for people with a pool

kdneo

Reaction
So the "kid" at the pool store told me that its normal for the housing of the light to leak and take on water. So the housing filling up with water is normal? Anyone know if this is true? Goes against everything I have ever been told water + electricity = bad?

mgobaja

Reaction
I can not recall ever seeing one that doesnt leak. They would have to be able to change the lamp without draining the pool also I would hope.

manicmechanic

Reaction
The importance of lighting the pool overides any safety concerns.

kdneo

Reaction
So, when this thing leaks and you turn the light on, won't it blow the bulb everytime? This all just seems very wrong to me lol

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction

Bajabnd

Reaction
There should be no water, either a cracked lens or more commonly a bad lens gasket. There should be one screw at the top that hold the light housing in the wall, take it out and the whole housing will slide out. There should be enough wire to put the whole light housing up on the deck where you can replace the gasket. $10 for an new lens gasket $25 for a new light bulb.

Mumzy

Reaction
Drain it and skate it!
:D

I am so glad I had daughters. I can't imagine the $$$$$ worth of damage I have caused over the years skating in pools. Toward the end there, we "learned" ourselves how to drain them at the pump. Jump the fence on an empty house at sunset, drain it all night long, and it was usually ready to skate by the middle of the following day! We could normally get in at least a few hours of skating before a neighbor either called us out, or the cops showed up......good times!

geez...with today's foreclosure market, the internet and MS Live search....these kids have all the tools to skate the best pools in the history of mankind!

Search out a home with a pool on realtor.com.
scope it out on MS live search
drain it and skate it!

MALIBLOC

Reaction
Taking a hipper skating a pool hurtS, i have had pools my entire life and never experience water in any lights. Replace the gasket should be a easy fix.

BGRANT

Reaction
Taking a hipper skating a pool hurtS, i have had pools my entire life and never experience water in any lights. Replace the gasket should be a easy fix.

Took a hipper on Friday, realy sucks at my age. The knee pads that were in my back pack on the bench didn't realy help either. Did have the pro-tec on though.

b_fantasyoffroadracing

Reaction
Pool lights should never leak. Sounds like you have bad gaskets. Like what was stated on here earlier - one to three screws and you are good.

Mumzy

Reaction
Took a hipper on Friday, realy sucks at my age. The knee pads that were in my back pack on the bench didn't realy help either. Did have the pro-tec on though.

I stay out of pools unless they have water in them anymore. I do get a kick out of playing around on a small 1/2 pipe though. My biggest thrill is when I see some young kids skating and ask them "how do you use one of those?" Their jaws hit the ground when the bald headed old dude bangs off a 360 or goes for a power slide (that's 70's I know!) I still have a couple of boards in the shop that I pull out from time to time, but the knees, back, wrist, legs ........they aren't what they use to be.

....you should see me on my old school JS550 stand up. I can still play with the best of them!