Question for So Cal SNORE racers/members?

PALAPABOY

Bajalite Win Streak Killer
Reaction
I am interested in trying to set up some kind of webcast during SNORE meetings so that those of us in Southern California could take part in them. I am wondering how many of you would be interested in participating in the meetings if we were able to do something like this? And any ideas of a meeting spot that would work for everybody?

EMS702

Rescue 1
Reaction
I live here but have to work sometimes. I could log in and catch the meeting. Sounds like a plan to me.

hammer down racing

Reaction
People have been talking about the SNORE meetings for years. It would be nice for us out of towners to be able to see and know what's going on. I would like to attend a meeting but getting home at 12am or later and starting work at 5am doesn't work. One of these days I will bite the bullet and make it to a meeting. It's sad that only a few show up to meetings and a huge percentage of SNORE racers live in the Vegas area.

Maybe an RDC like forum instead of the bs filled checkpoint could work a little better. Lately we've had race updates on the website, why not have meeting updates since the meeting minutes haven't been updated in months.

bpthirteen

Reaction
And any ideas of a meeting spot that would work for everybody?

If Costa Mesa works, we have plenty of room at our new shop. We have a giant showroom, multiple conference rooms, lcd tv's, a T1 connection, Sat tv, etc. We are planning on making our facility available to clubs, racing organizations, race teams, and more. We just won class 5 at the Mint, but couldn't make it out to Caliente. I would love to help organize something. The new shop is called OC Motorsports and is on Harbor Blvd.

mawtrophykart

Reaction
People who LIVE in California have NO say in s.o.r.e., Believe me! Vegas Racers First-is their motto! Their family and children second. always has been. When you have idiots like Don Wall and Lucas Hand Running the show watch the bull**BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** happen in front of your eyes! Their timers are the worst in the industry. Watch how long they stop you between laps, if they like you it's about 3 seconds, if they dont(ie cali racer) 30 seconds! Who the hell stops you on a lap anyways? It only causes problems! Cant they see the cars 12" number as it goes by? I think they went 30 years w/out a rulebook(they would make up rules as they go, if you are from Vegas-dont worry because there are none) And Dont break down either because their Douchebag directors like Lucas Hand Will start a 20 page hate thread about you breaking down! So professional for a racer let alone an official! Viva professional organizations like S.C.O.R.E. and B.I.T.D.

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
Great idea! I had brought this up a couple of months back... I use GoToMyPC for working on my computer remotely and they have a thing called GoToMeeting Corporate which would allow a meeting for up to 1,000 people to participate via the internet... This is the perfect solution for everyone to be included, as you are all members no matter where you live... All it takes on SNORE's end is a laptop and a web cam and then you guys to log in, but i'm not sure what it would take on your end... not sure about the cost, but I think it's well worth it...

OldGreen

Reaction
I use GoTo Meeting every day. It would work great. The remote people just need an internet connection and a phone.

Fourstroker

Reaction
I would probably take the time to attend most meetings. We have alot of FAIR racers that race SNORE but I am usually the one filtering info to them.

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
People who LIVE in California have NO say in s.o.r.e., Believe me! Vegas Racers First-is their motto! Their family and children second. always has been. When you have idiots like Don Wall and Lucas Hand Running the show watch the bull**BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME****BAN ME** happen in front of your eyes! Their timers are the worst in the industry. Watch how long they stop you between laps, if they like you it's about 3 seconds, if they dont(ie cali racer) 30 seconds! Who the hell stops you on a lap anyways? It only causes problems! Cant they see the cars 12" number as it goes by? I think they went 30 years w/out a rulebook(they would make up rules as they go, if you are from Vegas-dont worry because there are none) And Dont break down either because their Douchebag directors like Lucas Hand Will start a 20 page hate thread about you breaking down! So professional for a racer let alone an official! Viva professional organizations like S.C.O.R.E. and B.I.T.D.

Do you wake up in the morning and toke up? Seems like your hateful posts are always first thing in the morning. Just an observation...

I am a Cali racer and the officials like President Don Wall and race director Ken Cox treat me like family. Maybe its not California, maybe its just you.

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Hey Dave your comments about SNORE just shows your mentality on here.Oh your the guy that caused the pileup at Vegas to Reno and would not even get out of your truck because your just so cool.Why dont you tell people why your not allowed to race SNORE and that you throw little childest fits when things dont go your way and try to run people over with your car etc etc.Oh and while your on here why dont you tell people in the offroad world how some of your income is generated . Oh yeah thats right its for medical use I forgot.I suggest you end this now and leave SNORE alone.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Hey Dave your comments about SNORE just shows your mentality on here.Oh your the guy that caused the pileup at Vegas to Reno and would not even get out of your truck because your just so cool.Why dont you tell people why your not allowed to race SNORE and that you throw little childest fits when things dont go your way and try to run people over with your car etc etc.Oh and while your on here why dont you tell people in the offroad world how some of your income is generated . Oh yeah thats right its for medical use I forgot.I suggest you end this now and leave SNORE alone.

Rep has been sent Brotha, Rep has been sent!

xjchaser

Reaction

Rep has been sent Brotha, Rep has been sent!

Get'm Bill! Oh and I tried to give you rep points but it wouldn't let me cause I have to spread the love before I give you more points, So I gave some to Dempkowski for giving some to you :confused: And I'm going to bust out the Popcorn and a beverage cause this has the makings of a good daytime drama. and in my best Jeff Spicoly (fast times at Ridgemont High) voice. Dave your attitude is TOTALLY BOGUS :eek: DUUUUDE! Like if you don't like SNORE then don't race SNORE :cool:

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
Even though Ive only raced two SNORE races. I love them. Everything is almost to easy. I don't why people hate. I am in for a meeting for us cali racers via conference call or video chat type of deal. I wish I could make it to all the meetings. Alot of good info to be heard!

steviegnsc

Reaction
Back on track, we'd be interested in joining the webcast. Being as far south as some of us are we don't have a lot of time to attend meetings and would like to have any information that may help the promoter help us.

With the various options that are out there, this has the potential to help SNORE as an organization and help keep the race teams abreast of issues concerning the events. I actually emailed Don on Thursday to make the same type of suggestion.

By the way, even though we threw the trans on the second lap at Caliente we had waaaaaaaay to much fun at this race. From the breakfast to class7 effort's to get someone over the finish line to the after party at the Shamrock all of it was epic! SNORE does an awesome job with what they have to work with and we'll be racing with them again next season too! I just wish that the race teams that show up with forty or so people in there pits would encourage some of them to volunteer for the races while they are out there:cool:.

I think that a lot of us would be able to use our abilities and resources to help them out if we had the information to do so, great idea and thanks for bringing it up!

B-Dub 1020

Reaction
Pat likewise here, I'm sure Az would do the same and cover our end in the cost if needed.The way I look at it is Calif and Az racers are a big part of SNORE and the racers do need to play a part in not only helping but also having input.Having a rep for each state is not working for communication between racers and the board.This could be done fairly simple and inexpensive I think. It would also be fun for out of state racers to be involved in meetings.I smell a challenge of which state would have more racers at meetings and might encourage more Las Vegas people to come to meetings.

tapped1069

George of the Jungle
Reaction
Do you wake up in the morning and toke up? Seems like your hateful posts are always first thing in the morning. Just an observation...

I am a Cali racer and the officials like President Don Wall and race director Ken Cox treat me like family. Maybe its not California, maybe its just you.

Weel said Pat.. I think he must have got whooped up by a couple Vegas guys.

Fourstroker

Reaction
If Pat and Nick are coming to the So Cal meetings I am out. J/K - Never knew something like this was even a possibility. I have a similar problem with out of the area racers from FAIR. Might have to see how this works and look into it.