Question for the B1K vets

Ray Connolly

Reaction
So I've got 1 B1K in 2014 under the belt and we're going for another peninsula run in 2016, but I am still confused about check point closing times. Question is, if you miss a check point, are you officially timed out and going to go on the list as a DNF if you keep going? I keep reading all these stories about riders/drivers going through 1 or 2 check points after they have already closed, but they still place in the end.

pgarfinkle

Reaction
2016 will be another loop race, not a peninsula point to point run.

All of people disregard the official closing times and go for the finish regardless of whether its official or not.

upload_2015-12-2_12-35-24.png

upload_2015-12-2_12-36-5.png

upload_2015-12-2_12-37-4.png

rustyb

Reaction
At the 2014 500, we were timed out at Checkpoint 1 (Santo Tomas) due to early mechanical problems, but the rider kept going. When he got to Erendira there were SCORE people standing in the road to stop him and tell him in no uncertain terms to get off the course . Apparently they had been sent out specifically to stop him, SCORE felt it was dangerous for the trucks to catch him early. Not sure why that was more dangerous than being passed later, but I don't fault SCORE for trying to keep us safe.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
At the 2014 500, we were timed out at Checkpoint 1 (Santo Tomas) due to early mechanical problems, but the rider kept going. When he got to Erendira there were SCORE people standing in the road to stop him and tell him in no uncertain terms to get off the course . Apparently they had been sent out specifically to stop him, SCORE felt it was dangerous for the trucks to catch him early. Not sure why that was more dangerous than being passed later, but I don't fault SCORE for trying to keep us safe.
yeah , Hayward told me about it.. that sucked.. I probably would still get going since I already learned, you pay the fee, might as well do the entire course,

plus its not like they can send the police behind you..

Ray Connolly

Reaction
We will keep going regardless to get our monies worth. I just wanted to know if it would be official or if we we just be continuing on for fun. Don't want baja pits to pack up on us and leave either so we run out of gas.

pgarfinkle

Reaction
Its another loop so that 2017 can be a big one for the 50th anniversary.

Ray Connolly

Reaction
Good to know. We were planning on another point to point to make up for our 2014 mishap. Guess we'll have to get a looper under our belt and hit up the 50th anniversary the year after. Going to be a busy next 2 years.