quick disconnect for light bar

prerun15

Reaction
What is the best way to build a quick connect/disconnect for your light bar? Any pics?
. Anypics of a light rack on a 5-1600 or class 5? THANKS.

06dak287

Reaction
you mean electrical connections? or hardware?

i would think if you had those heims rods on the sides that hold the rack upright. use those beefy bobby pin looking things with some pins instead of bolts?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
We used tube clamps for our light bar.

Attachments

diirk

Reaction
Not sure what you're looking for.
These might work for you for mounting to the cage.

or use standard taps and some ball-lock pins for attachment.

baja stu

Reaction
Small tube in a big tube with a pull pin. Cheap and easy.

diirk

Reaction
Nice pic Baja Stu. I've been trying to decide I want to set up mine, and this is definately a candidate.

De Ranged

Reaction
Just a suggestion if your going to go with a "tube in a tube" holder, why not weld the smaller inner tube to the frame.... the reason I say this is where I'm from we have alot of mud
If you are trying to fit the light bar in marginal light :rolleyes:things like this normally only get fitted when its already dark enough that its a stuggle to find the pin when you drop it.... add to this that small stone or some sand thats stuck at the bottom of the tube when you trying to fit your light bar in there and get it low enough to put the pin through
But if the bar fits over the locating tube.... hopefully no drama's lol

Cheers Reece

darinz

Reaction
I have mine setup to hold on with hose clamps. All that has been done is a piece of tube is cut in half and that sits over the rollcage. Then I have hose clamp front and rear on each side to hold it on. Simple easy and big hose clamps have an amazing amount of strength!

diirk

Reaction
Darinz: any pics?

ChromolyKid

Reaction
Small tube in a big tube with a pull pin. Cheap and easy.
This is off topic, but your avatar just made me blow on my screen. I was about to flick it then i realized... hehe :eek: