Quick question

72class5

We drove from Texas to help with Griffith's 518 car and be able to drive/co-drive a couple of laps.

As this was our first event...I had a couple of questions:

1. Why are there not that many port o' potties spaced throughout the pit areas? I know most everybody had trailers but, what about the tent campers or spectators?

2. Why no trash dumpsters? We had 4 LARGE bags of trash and no where to dump it. Finally found out we could use the dump on the way out but did not seem to be 'common knowledge'?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but since I'm a Race Director for a mountainbike race series down here in Texas and these are requirements we have, I just thought it was strange that these weren't similar requirements for this race.

We had an ABSOLUTE BLAST and are already planning our next one...just wish we lived a LITTLE closer as the drive really sucks:)

Bill

Carlos Danger
not sure on the potties.but as far as the trash goes you packed it in so you should be able to pack it out.

steve0we

not sure on the potties.but as far as the trash goes you packed it in so you should be able to pack it out.

Sounds great, but we also packed out other peoples trash. I guess a big 40' dumpster with a sign that said "save the desert, pick up your trash" would be WAY to much to ask for when you stuff 10K people in the desert. To me it seems to be all about looks, when you LOOK like a organized group of people that are trying to save the desert, and keep it clean by offering porta-potties it makes it easier to plead our case.

I guess since Texas is all private land, the owners require these things from organizations.

Guess we Texans better bring bigger bags and a pottie

Huntington Beach

In fairness to MORE that was the most people I have seen at one of there races. It's very possible they just weren't planning on having that many body's out there. Hence the small number of port-o potty's and large amount of trash...

Fourstroker

They had a huge turnout last year too. They should have known better.
Pat - There was 50 more cars this year. That's alot of extra people. There are actually permanent toilets out there but most are closer to the Dry lake

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
It all costs money. And in this economy, we should all be lucky they are still putting on races.

steve0we

It all costs money. And in this economy, we should all be lucky they are still putting on races.

I WILL GLADLY pay a few more dollars $20x180 racers is $3600.00 towards a trash dumpster and a few more crappers.

I would rather have a desert to race in rather than someone putting on races.

THIS IS NOT A SLAM AGAINST M.O.R.E IN ANY WAY. This is my first race in the US, and I dont know if the other organizations handle this the same way.

507racetomain

ive wondered the same questions. to many times ive had to try to squeeze the trash bags on my already loaded down truck and worry about losing the trash all over the highway and getting a damn ticket on the way home.

72class5

Yeah...we are willing to 'pack out what we brought in' and anything else we can haul but...1400 miles is a little much:D

As stated by Steve, we are in no way bashing MORE or anybody else. I just thought it would be a better showing to all of the environmentalists and govermental agencies if we had dumpsters for the trash we generated and also for anything else we found when we got there. I am a firm believer in having it look better when I leave than when I got there.:)

my humble .02

5racer

wait tell its a hot summer race and theres no fire pit to burn most the trash ,you end up hauling alot of bags out.what gets me is it seems like we haul out three more times the amount that we haul in, i cant figure that out lol.greg you should post this on the more web site jim realy listens to the racers and there crews oppions