quite mufflers ?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Unlike some of you I really enjoy a quite ride in my cars.

My new set of wheels is a Fox Body 5-0 Mustang (nickname ticketmachine). After my first Dana Point PD shakedown the other night for zero reason I decided to stealth the exhaust a bit. It currently sports a h-pipe and single or double chamber flowmasters. It sounds nice and all but it draws just too much attention, plus try to use a cell phone while driving. Impossible.

So what mufflers offer good flow yet are super quite ?

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
just read the super trap thread....

My biggest problem is the bass sound. headach. I don't mind the grunt noise under accleeration... but the bass is killing me.

Greg

Reaction
klaus, find the new issue of 5.0, they test 15 mufflers this month. All your questions will be answered. When we gonna race? is it stock?

Greg

Just4Fun

Reaction
On my f150 i run a single 3" all the way out w/ a magnaflow. I like them better than the flowmasters, they are loud when you get on it and very quiet on the freeway or cruising speed.
Jason
P.M. Fabrication

cleartoy

Reaction
I agree with Just for fun. I run Magnaflows, loud on the gas(straight through design, no chambers) but very mellow when crusing.

If you have FM 1 or 2 chamber, you could get 3 chamber, but it would not flow so well.

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
The Edelbrocks have a nice sound to them without the lower resonance that the flow-masters have.