R.Acer, it's just getting weird now

5280Ranger

I followed him on fb cause I thought the whole charity thing in baja was cool. the only things I see him posting about now are racing Ferraris and sponsoring struggling models in Italy. What gives? And still doing it in full superhero racer costume? Will he ever reveal his deeply guarded plan to save the universe or did I miss it while I was busy adulting? Will the trophy truck ever return?

green787

I followed him on fb cause I thought the whole charity thing in baja was cool. the only things I see him posting about now are racing Ferraris and sponsoring struggling models in Italy. What gives? And still doing it in full superhero racer costume? Will he ever reveal his deeply guarded plan to save the universe or did I miss it while I was busy adulting? Will the trophy truck ever return?
I agree, I stopped following him on facebook too....

calstyl2

The coolness wore off in the middle of the desert broken and when Casey clowned him at the Mint

blue dog

I figured he was a flake when i sent him a message about donating a semi full of boneyard doors and windows to a orphanage in baja, someone responded and said they would get back to me, and never did.

El Mamito USMC

Drivers meeting and the helmet.
jaja that would be super funny to hear it..

hope he comes back.. we need that type of motivation around here..

El Mamito USMC

no video of the riders meeting?

calstyl2

Honestly I think the whole deal goes to show that someone cant buy/build a truck(s) and instantly become a competitive racer, it takes much more than lots of money, which was clearly spent after seeing the fleet they built.

5280Ranger

robert acer
the candy cane car
the rasta car
at least we still have walter prince

The Rasta car? as in Vince? 5-1600 bug?
Man I wore out my copy of Hot VWs looking at that car as a kid.

Amxlocal

Honestly I think the whole deal goes to show that someone cant buy/build a truck(s) and instantly become a competitive racer, it takes much more than lots of money, which was clearly spent after seeing the fleet they built.
I don't think they have the motivation to finish a long course race. It always seemed like the small repairable things took them out of the race. Timing belt, drive shaft, etc..

Then he shows up at both this year and last year contingency but leaves before the race start.

5280Ranger

I'll volunteer to drive R.Acers truck wearing a luchador mask, no one will ever know it's not him. My son can sit in the back like a war boy shooting Acer T-shirts out of a cannon (for the children). With my trophy truck experience, no one will ever suspect it's not him and our results will likely be similar.