R/C Cars

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Anybody in here into RC cars or trucks, gas or electric? Was just hinking if enough people are into them maybe we could get a forum for them here. What do you guys think?

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

toyoter91

Reaction
i am in to them but i am slowly starting to get back into them and racing them...i have raced nitro onroad electric offroad and i am planning on getting into racing 1/8th scale gas offraod buggys. laters

-Rob

"Its still good!!! Its still good!!!"

Jimmy8

Reaction
I have a losi electric truck, and an old rc10 truck. Have been wanting to get a t max or a gas rally car but probably wont because I rarely drive what I have.

PMC Racing....."OUR name is in YOUR future!"

mxjeremy

Reaction
I have a T-MAXX w/ a blue hummer body on it, but I need to build some new bumpers for it. Once I get a welder, and use my pliers as a tube bender, I might even build a little roll cage. I'm working on using twist fasteners to secure the body. I don't like the pins because after a few crashes, they bend and tear the plastic up. The twist fasteners I am going to use are the same ones that dirtbikes use to hold on the side plastics. I think an RC forum would be sweet. The problem with most RC forums on the net is they are full of kids that have no good technical input. I've always wanted to post pics of my T-MAXX when it's done. Maybe we could have a little race sometime too. Late.

Jimmy8

Reaction
Here is a picture of my old rc 10. It has a body that is done up that exactally resembles my dads old 8 truck that he ran from 79-89, the truck was originally built by Bill Stroppe specially for my dad. The link is a picture from my website.

http://www.jimmybeaver.com/photogallery/past_rccar.html

PMC Racing....."OUR name is in YOUR future!"

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
a new forum for R/C ?

nope... BUT the video froum will be from now on a combined video and R/C forum.

I don't think R/C is that big of a topic to have its own forum. Proof me wrong.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I used to have a pretty badass T-Maxx before I got my truck and had to sell it. I actually have some old videos of it. Check them out:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pencilart.com/tmaxx.htm>http://www.pencilart.com/tmaxx.htm</A>

Go Big Or Go Home

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Kris,

I'm currently building an RC-10GT. I'm getting ready to buy the ESC and motors this week.
I used to run Associated stuff a long time ago with my Pop, and stayed electric so my fellow co-workers and I
can "get our race" on at work.

-Gabe

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
I have a nice, gas T-Maxx with a ton of aftermarket parts that I will sell cheap. I have around $1000 invested. It's yours for $450.

PJCinLV

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Hey Pat... this aint the classifieds... ;-)

Attach a picture with it so we can see what you got... didn't ORC have a R/C section or you guys had it on the drawing board ?

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
We still do articles once in a while. The BBS forum is fairly active.

I'll take some photos soon. The thing is just gathering dust.

PJCinLV

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Gabe:

I jsut picked up a Losi XXX NT Gas so I am going to start racing again. I havent raced competitively in over 10 years so it will be some fun. Last cars I had were JRXT, RC10T and TRX-1 so you knwo its been a while for me. It seems the tracks around here suck though so I wil have to see what I can find. The eights scale 4wd buggies looks like some serious action although sorta expensive. I was checking out the infernos..nice.

Kris

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Dude, I used the have "The Frogger" if you can remember back that far. The old NiCad batteries that lasted 10 minutes and had to charge for 2 hours...I stripped the gears when I put a Trinity motor in it, but man what fun when you are ten!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I remember that. I think that was 3rd grade for me. my first "real" rc car was a Hotshot. It was fast back in the day.

Kris

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
My first one(s) were the Sand Scorcher and the Rough Rider. The Sand Scorcher was the Baja Bug body and the Rough Rider was the same car with a buggy body. All Tamiya stuff. 1984 -85 ish. we would take all the brass bushings out and put in roller bearings and replace the stock shocks with Kyosho coil overs. Then put in a "black" motor or a red label "diamond" motor and go race "Surf-n-Turf" down here in Del Mar. Damn the good old days you were the I failed spelling if you ran a variable speed controller...LOL..In those days before the magnum controller, you ran a brown Futaba controller with the small wheel on the front..

Tyson

Reaction
My first RC car was "Blackfoot" lol. You know the one that you put together yourself and weighed about 20 lbs. It was still fun. as I got older I kept stripping the frame down and all the useless parts that were not needed, ahhh the good olde days.

Tyson
YOTAPUNK</font color=red>

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
I remember Blackfoot.... I think we all had too assemble the R/C's back then. that was half the fun. It seemed too take like 12 hours or something. The funny thing is after all these years, I still have mine (somewhere)??

Tyson

Reaction
I still had mine til about 2 years ago when my "USed to be a blackfoot - hybrid, all the parts I could buy at my local hobby shack R/C car" was driving in the street (driven by my dad, cause I knew what I was doing) and he decided to race a VW bug down the street. well we beat the bug (cause he didn't know we were racing til we were out in front) and my Dad accidentally turned the wheel and it went right under this bug and got dragged (damn thing was lowered) for about 100 feet. Needless to say there wasn't much left.

Tyson
YOTAPUNK</font color=red>

Volcom1095

Reaction
I just Bought my first Gas truck about a weak ago its the losi xxx nt truck i used to race about 5 years ago with a losi xxtcr and xxcr in stock class but thought the gas would be fun out at the races. I only know of one place to race gas around my area and thats at extreme hobbies in grand terrace (san bernardino area)
if theres any other place that i can race at near by i wouldn't mind checking it out. i used to also race at MnM hobbies in corona but they closed, anyone know where they moved to?