R I P Greg (Red) Burgin

Rich Roberts

Reaction
Red Burgin passed away on Friday, May 20th, complications from brain tumors. He was a true racer in 5-1600, most recently class 12, and Spec-Racer Ford. He will be truely missed. Please say a prayer for his family to make it through this difficult time.

Attachments

• Red.jpg
    Red.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 548

TJ_Gambino

Reaction
I remember Red from the first race that I had attended. He was racing a 5-1600 in a point to point race in Mexico. The man was fast.

God speed to Red and condolences to his family.

Rich Roberts

Reaction
Thanks for the replies.....If anyone else has a memory of Red or good racing stories, please reply to the thread so we can use them for his celebration of life ceremony. Thanks again!

HVNSUM

Reaction
Red was a great man and even a better friend. Always there when i needed him. I was able to do alot of miles with red, thats been some of the best memories anyone could ask for. I was fortunate to spend his last days with him and that is something i will never forget !!!! "rip" red, you will be missed. My love goes out to his family......

Attachments

• baja 500.jpg
    baja 500.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 197
  • waiting.JPG
    waiting.JPG
    571.5 KB · Views: 193

Pauly 303

Reaction
Sad news. Red was a cool guy. I met Red in my first 5/1600 race too and his first short course race. I trashed the whole side of his car when I got sideways in a turn and then threw it in reverse side swiping his car with the corner of my rear bumper. Tore it open like a sardin can front to back. He didn't even get mad about it. Just told me his car was an old piece of junk and he wanted a new one anyway. He ended up hanging around the shop after that. He bought a new 5/1600 and we changed some roofs for him over the years. RIP Red.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
God Speed Red
I got to race against Red and Lee in there 5-16 when i first started driving. Some of my best memories.

chris bowen

Reaction
We have many wonderful memories of racing with Red, Susie, Ryan and Ray back in the 5/1600 days. We are very sorry to hear about Red's passing. Susie, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We sure had alot of fun with you 2 back in the days.

Love, Chris and Mary Bowen