R.I.P. Ron Bechard

[email protected]

It is with the heaviest of hearts that I report the passing of a great Father,Husband,Son, Friend,Employee and Off Roader .
Shortly after the start of of the Freedom 250 the pits lost radio communications with Ron after he reported being his hands were going numb and he was lost in the sand wash. Many hours later he was found dead while still completly strapped in his racecar well east of Hwy 247. The car was completly intact and showed no signs of damage. It appeared he had driven most of the distance cross country.

Cause of death in unknown at pending an Autopsy.

Ron was the ultimate family man , he literally lived ,breathed and died following his passions. Being with his family and off roading.

God Speed my good friend !
Our thought and prayers are with his wife Hollyand his beloved kids Dalton and Skyler.

johnnyweb

RIP offroad brother. Sorry to here of the loss.

PureHobbyRacing

Truly a sad day in Off Road, We will miss you, Ron. Pure Hobby Racing sends their love and support to the Bechard Family.

EMS702

Rescue 1
RIP. Passed doing what he loved.

coilover88

I am so very sorry to hear of Ron's passing. Holli is a great friend of off-roading and her family is the perfect example of family oriented racing. Our thoughts, prayers, and sympathies go to her and her family and friends.

Polarcub

Our condolences to family and friends

Wayne_Nosala

Im truly devastated to read of this today, As I skimmed though the message boards hoping it was not the
same person that I know, Holli.... Ron's wife working as partners on the SRP sub committee. These are truly
dedicated people to our sport as both competitors and volunteers. Our heartfelt condolences from
the Nosala family to the Bechard family. I am completely speechless and devastated to hear of this
horrible news today

Wayne

Rory

Crayola Killer
Horrible news.......Condolences to the entire Bechard family and friends.

LENNY

Wow....at the starting line yesterday I made the statment (what a great Norra car) then heard the news last night at the finsh line,Condolences to the Family and friend,,,,,,Well at least you cans say he went out on his last lap doing somthing he loved!!!!!

B-Dub 1020

So sorry to hear this Grant, Ron always seemed so happy and loved off roading. Prayers to family and friends. Godspeed

Layton

we were out behind slash x and saw a helo land a ambulance and fire trucks. We wondered what happened. So sad to hear, but it would be how i wanted to go doing what I love with friends and family. GODSPEED!!