R.I.P Roy Denner, ORBA Founder

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
I received the following e-mail this morning from San Diego Off Road Magazine -

"We are saddened to report the loss of a dynamic, passionate crusader for off road rights. Roy Denner, founder of the Off Road Business Association passed away today, September 28, 2009 after a 23 month battle with pancreatic cancer.

Roy slipped away quietly in his home in the presence of his wife of 52 years. Nancy writes "he took his last breath while I was giving him a goodbye kiss. He had a very peaceful, pain free passing. His long battle is finally over and he is at peace. I am surrounded by close friends and family."

Roy devoted the last 15+ years of his life fighting legal battles on behalf of off road enthusiasts. He invested so many thousands of hours into this endeavor that in his final years he scarcely had time to participate in the sport himself.

Roy will be missed by many and we are all deeply indebted to the Denner family.

Sincerely, Steve & Sherri Kukla"

GodSpeed to Roy and thank you for your many contributions and efforts on behalf of all off-roaders! Prayers and best wishes to the Denner family and friends.

Bajades

Reaction
Very sorry to hear this. Roy was a great advocate for off-roading and a smart business man who used the same tactics that are used against us to fight the environmental extremists who want to see us go away. Its a difficult and frustrating job to try and defend our rights to recreate on public land from those whose vision is purely one-sided. Roy accomplished this in a dignified and unflappable way. Most off-roaders probably don't know who he is, but it is because of guys like Roy that we still have public land to off-road on. He will be sorely missed. God speed Roy.

Marty Fiolka

Reaction
All,

I had the honor of knowing and working with Roy through ORBA, the Off-Road Impact shows and many more industry functions. I will never forget the phone call he and Nancy made to me when they recieved the ORBA Give-Away Alumi Craft that John Cooley built for his organization (along with many others). The nice part is that we were able to present Roy with a ORI Lifetime Achievement Award at the last Impact show in Anaheim. There may not have ever been a more deserving person.

Vaya con Dios Roy. May you rest in peace knowing you made the world a much better place for the entire off-road community you loved so much.

Marty

TNT race photo

Reaction
last i spoke with roy he told me the news of his cancer, he told me that he would be taking time off from his work to battle this awful disease, very sad news, god bless you nancy rip roy

OffroadExit

Pistol Pete's Personal Pot Stirrer
Reaction
Wow...Godspeed. Roy was one of the nicest guys you could ever meet fighting to keep our lands open. I have met him and Nancy many times at expos and events. Offroad expo won't be the same without him in that booth with the bright orange signs!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
A true offroad warrior. Lets keep up the good fight for him... RIP Roy....

Crowdog

Reaction
The off-road community has lost a true warrior for OHV access. I am truly honored that I was able to call Roy my friend. Rest in peace Roy.