• Forum membership has its advantages....

Race Car Insurance

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Yes, K&K sells insurance for race vehicles. from memory it covers storage, transport, and liability on race day. There's more to it but I'm not an expert.

My wife sells it (Beaver Insurance in Parker), a lot of sponsors require it in their contract.

johndjmix

Do either of these insure against damage/theft south of the border (when not racing of course).

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
WildPowerSports.com
coolermods.com

vegasloki

K&K are one of the big dogs (perhaps the biggest) in motorsport team insurance but they don't cover on track damage to your race car. Pretty much everything else though. At one time Bisa was offering on track insurance but the limit was pretty low, 100k or so IIRC. There are several track day policies but finding something for wheel to wheel racing is tough and if you do it's going to be expensive. Back when I first started racing the guys I was buying the ride from told me not to race anything that I wouldn't mind seeing pushed off a cliff.

Last edited:

johndjmix

Exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!

--John

Trophylite #6013
Dunarri LLC
WildPowerSports.com
coolermods.com

51rcr

Back when I first started racing the guys I was buying the ride from told me not to race anything that I wouldn't mind seeing pushed off a cliff
That's a good way to put it. Although not the same as say a $200 beater flying off.