• Forum membership has its advantages....

Race Car Numbers

desertracer

I was wondering if anybody knows what size ( 4'',6'', 8'',or 10'') numbering is required to run score? I need the front, roof, side, and rear sizes. Hopefully this will be fairly simple to figure out.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
"Any combination of numbers, that in the opinion of Score, are difficult to read, in an undesirable location, or are inadequately attached will be rejected. The violation will be rejected before the vehicel will be allowed to compete. Score assumes no responsibility for scoring vehicels that have unrec. ID numbers. IT is the drivers responsibility to keep the numbers rec. at all times of the race." (Score, pg. 39)

So it looks like you can run any size you want as long as they are recognizable....Id say the bigger the better.

Kris

"A man with a watch knows what time it is; with two watches, he is never sure" Joseph E. Shigley

ScottWisdom

Turn to page 40. It gives specific dimensions for 4-wheel vehicles.
8" (minimum) numbers required for each side
6" (minimum) numbers for the rear
4" (minimum) for front driver's side visor area
8" (minimum) for the roof

If this is your first SCORE event, you should be concerned about much larger issues than just the numbers. Get a SCORE rule book to make sure your car is in compliance with safety regulations and class rules. It would be a bummer to spend all the time and money to go to a race and then get shut down in tech!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Whoops, guess I was too lazy to turn the page.

Kris

"A man with a watch knows what time it is; with two watches, he is never sure" Joseph E. Shigley

desertracer

Thanks guys for the help. We are actually planning on running the first MDR race next weekend with our new class 1 Jimco. We raced class 10 for a couple of years so we know what is required for tech. I just forgot what size numbers we need to run and we can't find a score rule book anywhere. I am off to signpro's tomorrow to get hem done. Thanks again.