Race-Car Welding & Fab onsite for RATR 2015

ErikIrvine

Reaction
FinishLine Certified Welding, Inspections, & Welding Engineering will be providing welding services to all the racers at this weekend's SNORE/MORE Rage at The River desert race! Give us a call on the phone number provided or stop by our pits (will be with Zac Reish and the class 5 boys) Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Welding is absoluoutly free for any entered race-car, we will have tools, material, and MIG, TIG, & stick welders. Don't be shy, come by and say hi!

(760) 271-6364
erik@finishlineweld.com
www.finishlineweld.com
online ad2.jpg
avitar.jpg

Zac Reish

Reaction
We all owe this guy a debt of gratitude. Who does this. I know for a fact he logged at least 5 hours on my car alone this weekend. Thank you Erik. It would not have been the same without your help.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Zac you get the award for putting on a show. Racing morning and afternoon heats both days never lifting it looked like. You killed it from what we saw. Co dawgs definitely got an E ticket ride. Good job

Zac Reish

Reaction
Thanks Bdub for saying. I can only take a small portion of credit. You have no idea how hard erik and the rest of the crew worked to keep the Grinch driveable.

Bdub 1020

Reaction
Yeah no doubt its always a TEAM effort and those that help. Makes me want to get a 5u with my boys and put an eco tec in it.

LJ Kennedy

Reaction
Just wanted to say thanks again to Erik and crew for helping us out with a little welding we needed.

ErikIrvine

Reaction
Thanks all! We had a blast!

Mark Newhan

Reaction
Just saw on Desert Runners FB page that he used your service. I think it's awesome that you made yourself available to the racers, and at no charge. Good on you!

J.JOHNSON

Reaction
Erik is a stand up guy. It was fun hanging out with you again.

Zac Reish

Reaction
Next time any of you guys out there that met Erik are looking for an awesome driver or co driver this guy is both. I've been on the receiving end of his front bumper more than a few times. Even rolled trying to pass him once. And unfortunately he got it all on video. You have a lot of good karma coming your way bud.

ErikIrvine

Reaction
We'll be back this year as well!

JLongo

Reaction
Thanks for the help last year Eric,hope you can stop by and not get the tools out this year!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

PeterT

Reaction
Eric is awesome! Here's our story. Lugo Racing #1468 was at the 2016RATR this weekend. we have had a string of DNFs and we were looking forward to a good run. We went out on the Saturday 3-lap Pre-run which started early. Everything went well until the very end of third lap. Wayne hit a boulder and the right I-beam snapped in two. We pretty much figured our weekend was already done, how would we get something like that fixed? Mark Newhan told us to try to find Eric from Finish Line Certified Welding. All I knew was to look for a silver Dodge truck with a welder on it. We found him and let him know that we were looking for some material to insert into the I-beam tube, and if we could find it, we would like it if he could weld it up. He said no problem. Nick Isenhouer (#1405, another racer in our class) graciously gave us the necessary material. By the time we got the I-beam parts off the truck and over to Eric we had about an hour until the scheduled start of our heat. We got to Eric's truck but he wasn't there. I called him on the phone and said that we had the parts ready. He had just gone to the hot pits to support his own team, but said, no problem and came right over. He is a MASTER on-the-spot repair fabricator. we got the part put together, he did a BEAUTIFUL weld job and we were able to get the truck back together and to the starting line with minutes to spare. We started in about the 30th position in a field of about 35 and worked our way up to 5th for the day. Sunday we got a clean start at the front of the field and wound up winning the heat for the day, missing the win for the weekend by 4 seconds to Kevin Thompson, #1470 (based on unofficial results). Nick Isenhouer ran right behind us all day on Sunday, keeping the pressure on. The I-beam stayed together nicely and we had a great run.

Thanks to Eric and Nick for making our weekend happen. We would have gone home early without you guys!

PT

Attachments

swiftracing5

Reaction
I hung out with Erik on Saturday and like clockwork he got busy as the day wore on. Hopefully the people who stopped by got some of his jokes too lol.
He rode in my car at the 1000 and his welds held for 330 miles so we could finish.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
Huge thank you to Erik and Zac! Erik put a few "security" welds on our rear engine cage area after a 1st lap incident after the big double "mounds" prior to the hot pit. Zac let us borrow some Yok's for day 2 after he unfortunately wasn't going to make his second race. Thanks again guys!