Race Gas taken to Mexico

Jimmy8

Reaction
We are planning on going to Mexico to race the Baja 500 this year for the first time since 1995. I have heard people have had problems taking their own race gas across the boarder to Ensenada. I have heard that you are no longer allowd to take your own gas across the boarder, and must buy it from a vendor when you get down there because of it. I am wondering if any of you have had problems with this, and am wondering particularly about the Tecate boarder crossing since this it usually where we cross at. Any help would be great. Thanks.

"On A Mission"

Salvador

Reaction
Jimmy. I live en Mexicali and im coriding a truck for the CODE races. About passing gas on the border you cant do that, if you are lucky you can only pass about 5 gallon. Its better too now if the gas that you use its going too be sold at the race. Normally you can buy VP, F&L, 76, and think that TRICK.

Mexican PreRunner

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Get an auxillary tank. We had 2 drums last year that we tried to get across the border and after trying to get it across for two days and at different border crossings we finally succeeded, but we never wanted to go through that again so.... Now we have a 110 gallon auxillary tank in the bed of the crew cab that they dont seem to say anything about. IF you look at the Parker video I have a link to on the other thread you can see that it jsut looks like a toolbox.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.csupomona.edu/~kjhernandez>My Web Page</A>

Salvador

Reaction
Thats a great idea, we usually drive the border with dual tanks pick ups and buy regular gasoline or racing gas for the prerunners and or race trucks few days before our local Race's

Mexican PreRunner

Jimmy8

Reaction
We have been thinking about doing something along those lines ourselves. Thanks for all of the help.

"On A Mission"